Is there a DIR recommendation on securing camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abhijit Roy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi scuba photography gurus!
I got myself a BP&W set and loving it. I am also reading a lot of DIR approach of diving and it makes sense. But I haven't found anything in the DIR/GUE materials that talks about how/where to secure the camera.
Does anyone has any recommendation?
I use a camera tray and I am comfortable holding it but sometimes during strong currents like Komodo, it gets tricky hanging on to a rock and holding the camera while not scratching the dome. Any suggestions/ideas would be awesome :)

I teach a class on DIR camera attachment.......but you can read it here for free.....,tie a bolt snap to it and clip it to a D ring.

I teach a class on DIR camera attachment.......but you can read it here for free.....,tie a bolt snap to it and clip it to a D ring.
Here? Is there a website or "tie a bolt snap to it and clip it to a D ring"? Not trying to be a smart ass but folks do forget to include the link sometimes :)

Tie a bolt snap to it, and clip it to a D-ring. Preferably your left but if you pack stages, you might want to use you front crotch D-ring. Leave your right side free from camerastuff.

Edit: Not knowing my right from left at two in the morning... Fixed...

Last edited:
Tie a bolt snap to it, and clip it to a D-ring. Preferably your left but if you pack stages, you might want to use you front crotch D-ring. Leave your right side free from camerastuff.

Edit: Not knowing my right from left at two in the morning... Fixed...
That makes sense. I am going diving at Truk. I might have a pony on my left. May be a silly question: Why right side free of camera stuff?

Exactly... Hose interference. You should always have your right side free of clutter so a gas donation can be performed efficiently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom