Is there enough to do in Roatan for non-divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edurst

Registered
Reaction score
Southern California (South Orange County)
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking at a trip in July. Myself, wife and two grown children. My daughter and I both dive but the other two do not. Is Roatan even an option? Is there enough to do for the two non-divers? Is the golf course open?

So far it seems like diving, butterfly house, hanging at the beach, zip line....

Thanks in advance.

Looking at a trip in July. Myself, wife and two grown children. My daughter and I both dive but the other two do not. Is Roatan even an option? Is there enough to do for the two non-divers? Is the golf course open?

So far it seems like diving, butterfly house, hanging at the beach, zip line....

Thanks in advance.

Golf course is open, if that is enough then your all set. Personally, If I were not diving, Snorkeling, or spending time with great friends I have around the Island I would be bored. Other than Diving/Snorkeling, Most of the other options available are fill ins that have evolved to satisfy the cruise ship passenger. If the golf is the big thing, it is open, it is expensive. I have not tried it as i tried to golf only one time and had to quit after 2 holes because i only brought a dozen balls

Thanks in advance.

Not much that I know of except relax and read and find a hammock or comfortable swing chair!

Why not talk them in to learning to dive. Roatan would be a great place to do that!

Why not talk them in to learning to dive. Roatan would be a great place to do that!

If someone wanted to learn to dive then Roatan is a great place for checkouts and certification but in all reality if you figure what cost of a week vacation is it is very expensive to spend the days for class that can be done at home and of course, If someone needs to be talked into it then diving may not be a great option anyway. I have never certified buddy teams and have often separated couples to other buddy teams when it seemed one was doing all the work or pushing the other too hard. Seems if those travelling wanted to dive they would have done so already without being talked into it.

The others could volunteer to do some tutoring, they might find it very rewarding.

The other two in our party would love to dive but cannot due to medical conditions, so they will be snorkeling and doing other things while my daughter and I are underwater.

Like someone said... not a lot to keep you busy for a week unless you just like hanging on beach and reading.....Sorry they can't dive. Not sure how many times a day they would want to snorkel.

Good luck

Love how you do all those little things on your post. Where do you get them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom