Is this gonna be OK?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Riger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all,

I have a Canon IXUS 960 IS (SD950 IS).

I am considering the Ikelite 6147.95 Housing and Ikelite AF-35 Stobe Kit. I am planning on going on a one week Red Sea Liveaboard :D 10 weeks from now.

Can anyone provide a mini-critique on this set-up and/or provide me with an alternate recommendation.

Also, if I need anything else not mentioned here please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards

Richard (Riger)

If you can afford it I would get the Inon D2000 strobe.

N

Hey Nemrod,

Nice Strobe, but a little heavy on the cost..... :) thanks all the same.

Riger

Yeah, it is pricy but it also works like a charm as in darn near perfect. I think it follows the old adage, you get what you pay for. However, I feel your pain on the price, you can get them on ebay now, I think a Hong Kong place is selling around 500. It is much more sophiticated than the Ikelite it seems and the newest version has a LED spot lamp, mine is not LED but it makes a great dive light. There is a new de-featured and even smaller version out or soon to be released.

Good luck.

N

The only thing I don't like about Ikelite housing is they are bigger than needed. They are huge and the camera is tiny. But that is just my recommendation. It's all personal preference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom