It's Official, I'm Now A Divemaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations! I'd welcome you to the club, but I'm still waiting for my own paperwork to be processed.

Congratulations - my CMAS equivalent came through a couple of weeks back, well worth the effort, I haven't had to pay for a dive since :D. Seems there is always someone who wants a boat dive from the dive centre I use and a shortage of guides ! The icing on the cake is the centre buys me dinner afterwards.

OK I know I'm cheap, but I don't care, it's not my livelihood. Have fun. P

Congrats!I think you should go straight to instructor next. The whole assistant instructor thing isn't worth the step in my view. Its better to just take the IDC and get it out of the way, then you're free to do whatever you want from there on.
I didn't realize that could be done. We've only talked about doing the AI program. But, first I want a good six months of diving and DM practice before I move forward. I'm still not in any hurry. :)

---------- Post Merged at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Congratulations!

Chicks dig it...

LOL, I am a chick!

---------- Post Merged at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Congratulations! You should change your title under your username. :wink:

How do you do that? I thought those titles were just assigned by the forum. Do I need to page a moderator?

---------- Post Merged at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:37 AM ----------

I think I would have left that part out...

Why? I was a Rescue Diver when I started and diving way above what someone typically would be with 27 dives. I met my future instructor who was working as a guide for one of the divers on the boat that day. I didn't have a buddy, so he had me dive with them. He was assessing my diving and at the end of the day suggested I do the DM program with him. We knew that it would be a couple of years and that was fine with me.

---------- Post Merged at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Good for you. Now you should read a recent article in scubadiverlife.com titled "Good Divemaster, Bad Divemaster." Really well written.
DivemasterDennis

I have, good article!

Why? I was a Rescue Diver when I started and diving way above what someone typically would be with 27 dives. I met my future instructor who was working as a guide for one of the divers on the boat that day. I didn't have a buddy, so he had me dive with them. He was assessing my diving and at the end of the day suggested I do the DM program with him.

Why? I mean, you're sold on OW/AOW/Rescue in 27 dives and jump on the path to DM now AI / OWSI. Well, it's your choice but IMO I don't like Zero to Hero paths. I'm sure you'll disagree with me so I suppose you either get it or you don't.

OK I know I'm cheap, but I don't care, it's not my livelihood.

Sorry-old and off topic but, there are some out there who are trying to make it THEIR livelihood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom