I've been thinking of selling my LP108's to buy HP120's - What do you think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

300 psi in LP108 is about 12cuf that could be insufficient rock bottom for dives to 100ft even for 1 guy.

If you don't already dive with a pony, you might consider adding that instead of the cost of new tanks. You shouldn't burn into the pony its true, but you could burn your 108s down to 300 or 250 instead of 500. Do the math and see what extra cus you get doing that. I routinely burn my AA100s down to 250, though its always after the 15' safety stop at min 500. It takes a whale of a long time to burn 250psi at 10' or 15'...good time to practice basic OW skills, practice lowering your sac, playing charades etc

ARE YOU IN AN AREA WHERE THEY DO TECH/CAVE FILLS . TO AVOID A HUGE ARGUMENT ON THIS, JUST SIMPLY PUT, TECH HEADS USE LP CYLINDERS SO THEY CAN GET BIGGER OVERFILLS , A 120 AT 3180 OR EVEN 3500 IS JUST THAT A 120 A 104 IS 137 EVEN 3000 PSI ITS 117 AND AT 3200 PUTS YOU AT 128. NOW THOSE ON HERE NO WHO ARE NOT TECH HEADS WILL GO UP IN ARMS OVER A MYRIAD OF REASONS, BUT TO END ANY ONGOING DEBATE, 1) ONLY THE INDIVIDUAL DIVER CAN DIVE FOR THEMSELVES AFTER GOOD RISK MANAGEMENT AND KNOWLEDGE RECEIVED, WE CAN ALL AGREE TO DISAGREE WITH TOPICS SUCH AS THIS , i HAVE 104'S HAVE HAD THEM FOR OVER DECADE THEY PASS HYDRO AND VIP AND HAVE BEEN OVERFILLING THEM AT WELL KNOWN REPUTABLE TECHNICAL DIVE OPERATIONS , NOT RECREATIONAL SHOPS THAT HAPPEN TO HAVE A FEW ITEMS IN THE BACK OF THE STORE OR CAN ORDER. SO ITS I AM 6' AND JUST LOVE THE OVERALL BUOYANCY CHARACTERISTICS OF THEM AS A MATTE OF FACT MY FRIEND WHO IS A LITTLE SHORTER THAN ME(5'10") IS USING THEM WHILE STATIONED ELSEWHERE. SO IN A NUTSHELL i WOULD ONLY SUGGEST TO FIND A SHOP THAT WILL GIVE YOU A TECH FILL THE SHOP WILL KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT , YOU MUST BE A PRUDE WITH THE CARE OF YOUR CYLINDERS THAT'S WHAT WILL MAKE THE DIFFERENCE, HOPE THIS HELPS , CHEERS m. JUST REREAD YOUR HAVE 108'S SO YOU WOULD HAVE EVEN MORE GAS, BASICALLY CHUM YOUR ARE GOOD UNLESS YOU JUST WANT TO SPEND THE MONEY , WHICH YOU CAN USE ON A MYRIAD OF OTHER THINGS FOR YOUR TECH TOOLBOX

Try this make sure they are all the same color. It took my wife a bit to start asking how many tanks do you have now? because they all look alike to her? :D

:rofl3: she can't count objects unless they are different colors?

:joke:

HP 120's are my favorite tank - and favorite length for trimming out. Im 6'1" and 205 lbs - and when I need perfect trim ( or at least as good as im capable of) - I reach for the 120s (like in a class situation).

I dive the 120s doubled up and I think they are the best option for me.

Second favorite is the 130's - and a distant third are HP 100s. They are good because they feel like feathers - but they are harder to trim out in since they are so short.

Back
Top Bottom