Jan 24th Devil's Den

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fox-Cousteau

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There is a $35 fee to enter the park and dive. ($25 if we have 6 or more divers plus I can reserve a pavilion :D)
Be sure to bring at least one light and a back up light.
Everyone try to bring something for Lunch:
Burgers, brats, or dogs
buns, condiments
paper plates, cups
charcoal, liter fluid, matches :redhot:
cooking tools
soft drinks & Ice
I will bring a burner and pot to make hot chocolate or coffee. :coffee:

Location Devil's Den
5390 NE 180th Ave
Williston, FL 32696

I've been wanting to go there... this sounds like a good opportunity. I would say to count me in for two. I'll bring paper products to keep the weight in the car down.

Ken

consider yourself counted.

I've never been there. I know its a cavern. Do you have to be cavern cert?

Cavern Cert. not required :D Devil's Den is a most unique dive site. it is an under ground lake with some underwater overhead environment. I'll be surprised if you don't like it.:wink:

Some people call it "underwater rock climbing":eyebrow:

Devil's Den sounds great... I am one of the 2 counted for Siikik... do you have many going yet?

Devil's Den sounds great... I am one of the 2 counted for Siikik... do you have many going yet?

numbers are building, I've got about 8 tentative and an additional 10 who are interested but haven't committed one way or another. I think we have our 6.

Well you can add one more interested. I have a friend who is thinking of joining in. I have never been to devil's den, but the pictures make it look small... how many divers can comfortably dive at the same time?

Easily 50 or more divers. the water surface area is the smallest part of the dive. as you descend it opens up much like an upside down mushroom. There are many "swim throughs" and some fish.

You will need at least one light.

Haven't seen much interest in the thread... time to revive it!

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom