January 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your not on the direct flight from Minnesota are you? I am, suppose to arrive Cozumel around 1p.m. the same day as you.

You mean that twin otter you need to get out of Minn will go the WHOLE way to Cozumel?

Wow....

Jason_PineauPhotoContest_Twin_GMAS.jpg

Last report I got from the Hooligans in Minn was -25.

Your not on the direct flight from Minnesota are you? I am, suppose to arrive Cozumel around 1p.m. the same day as you.

Hi coming in nonstop, leave at 7 out by 11!

CChief, hopefully it warms up there, leaving the cold weather gear at home. This was our temps about two weeks ago, was like that for about a week, it's been a mild winter for us.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389215195.980143.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389215195.980143.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 106
It only got to like -0.5 here I think at the lowest and I was asking myself why I wasn't in Coz.

-50? You people are crazy. Even though Alaska seems cool and all and you can mine gold everywhere and shoot moose and such..... No wonder the state pays you to live there. :)

---------- Post added January 8th, 2014 at 04:33 PM ----------

Of course maybe we are sissies about it. They did close all the schools the other day because temp were in the single digits. I am pretty sure when I was young we walked to school in 5 feet of snow and negative temperatures. And it was uphill both ways.

Or maybe I rode a bus. It was one or the other.

I am pretty sure when I was young we walked to school in 5 feet of snow and negative temperatures. And it was uphill both ways.

Thanks Chief for the laugh. My Dad said this all the time; especially when we kids complained about walking one mile to school in the cold.

Betty

It only got to like -0.5 here I think at the lowest and I was asking myself why I wasn't in Coz.

-50? You people are crazy. Even though Alaska seems cool and all and you can mine gold everywhere and shoot moose and such..... No wonder the state pays you to live there. :)

---------- Post added January 8th, 2014 at 04:33 PM ----------

Of course maybe we are sissies about it. They did close all the schools the other day because temp were in the single digits. I am pretty sure when I was young we walked to school in 5 feet of snow and negative temperatures. And it was uphill both ways.

Or maybe I rode a bus. It was one or the other.

Its all about just dealing with your environment and adjusting. Cold is Cold no matter what, just have to put on more clothing:) The state dividend isn't very much, so hard to say they pay for us to live here, haha, however the job opportunities are good, and you can get paid well. Alaska is hard on people during the winter more because of the limited daylight hours, but has some of the best summers you can imagine. My other passion other then diving is Back Country Snowmobiling, so that helps to :)

Wife and I will be there Jan 12-17. Staying at Allegro and diving with Pro Dive! Cant wait, our gills are starting to dry up!

We are next door at the the grand… diving PD as well.

Jan 15th we depart… I have the ranger BCD that looks like this… keep your eyes one for me if the port ever opens that is.

7907RK%20Red%20Yellow%2001.jpg

I don't think anyone would miss that BCD Sassy :) I'll have to keep an eye out for the ProDive boats, where do they usually do their surface intervals at???

Lion fish eater see you at hotel Cozumel. Look for big guy with goatee. We may go to la perlite Thursday night for 2 for 1 lionfish. You all are welcome to join if we do.,

Dammit… thursday is night dive … but I sure have been wanting to try me some LF :D

@Midge… Si's are usually spent travelling over to the other site… or dropping off a diver… or picking one up…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom