Japanese open fire on Sea Shepherd crew

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

considering the SS nature for the in your face confrontation... how long do you trust the SS crew to keep to stink bombs???

next? a handfull of nails with ratkiller?? i fear a escalation of responses from each side

Check out their website - they have been doing this for years. No rat killer yet. As far as i know, no one has ever been injured.

the russians actually shot the Japanese (crew and boat) in 1994 for fishing in their waters.

I wonder if they have been back since....

well i can tell you now, the australian govt is too piss weak to do something like that

heck, we can barely stand up against illegial indo fishermen that are all over the topend shark finning

but in a war of words and press... he claims chemical warfare. if a japanese boat started similar action against a US boat what do you think the response would be??

I assure you that the US government would not tolerate the Japanese hunting whales
in US waters. I doubt our government would be as inactive as yours.

Haven't you ever watched any of the Japanese "B" scifi movies? They are obviously trying to create Cowzilla and Pigzilla. How can you deny that is valid scientific research well worth slaughtering 7000 whales?

Haven't you ever watched any of the Japanese "B" scifi movies? They are obviously trying to create Cowzilla and Pigzilla. How can you deny that is valid scientific research well worth slaughtering 7000 whales?

LOL re: bad "B" movies. The research the Japanese did seems laughable, and at the same time quite sick.

X

It's a huge leap. I hope it is not made.

The inference was:

It isn't a huge leap for the whale killers as evidenced by the report.

However, now that you mention it, whales have been proven to be sentient beings, so maybe killing a whale being isn't much different than killing a human being.:shakehead:

I too, hope its not made.

Back
Top Bottom