Jet fin foot pocket problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reminds me, use the aftermarket spring straps. You actually get to pick a size. :shocked:
Hmm... So when it comes to fin straps, spring straps are considered awesome because there's different sizes, vs. "one size fits all" regular rubber straps.

In the usual BCD vs BP/W debate, BP/W is considered awesome because it's "one size fits all", vs. different sizes of BCDs.

I don't think I'll ever get it :rofl3:

The Jet Fin was designed when wetsuit “booties” were Neoprene socks, not Neoprene socks glued to running shoe soles. Not many fins fit the larger hard soles on drysuits unless your feet are narrow. The problem is that changing the foot pocket after 45-50 years will upset the installed base.

Personally, I would also like a rigid bottom of the foot pocket that extends back to the heel like some open-heel freediving fins and several from Aqualung. I found it puts less stress on the foot during long swims. I still find myself gravitating back to Jets when I can get my foot in them though. I am sure it is the “comfortable old shoe” principal at work.

I actually use my skeletoes with my jet fins. Have been doing this for about two years now. I found the same issue with the soled booties. The skeletoes have a sole also but much thinner and more pliable and flexible.

I have to wear hard sole boots for the walk to and from the dive site, I found that XL jetfins work fine for my 10 1/2 feet. They are still a bit tight but not uncomfortable. If you oversize the fin to XL, get the L spring strap to make up for smaller feet, at least I had to.

Bob
----------------------------------------
You only need two tools in life – WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the Duct Tape.

I'm a US size 9 and with soft soled booties, I fit into the L fine. I'll need a XL if i were to wear hard soled booties.

Yup, I wear a size 10 shoe...if I wear my 3mm booties or wetsocks, I wear a Large Jet-Fin...when I wear my 7MM boots, I need to wear a XL Jet-Fin....thankfully, I own both sizes...:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom