Jet Fins vs. Volo vs. Quattro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
OK. Narrowed it down this far. Im lookingh for all around effectiveness for all dive situations i.e. current, wreck, deep, efficientcy, effort.

Jet fins. Ive been told there awsome but a bit too heavy and not as efficient.
Volos. Once again a fin with awsme reviews but have been told they stink in a current.
Quattros. Seen some awsome ratings and have found liitle shortcomings other than straps.

Any info would be deeply appreciated.

XenoMorph2049 once bubbled...
OK. Narrowed it down this far. Im lookingh for all around effectiveness for all dive situations i.e. current, wreck, deep, efficientcy, effort.

Jet fins. Ive been told there awsome but a bit too heavy and not as efficient.
Volos. Once again a fin with awsme reviews but have been told they stink in a current.
Quattros. Seen some awsome ratings and have found liitle shortcomings other than straps.

Any info would be deeply appreciated.
I have all three! well, I have Dacor Black Tiger instead of Volo, but same concept... guess what. I am selling everything but the Jets on ebay! http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...id=superlev&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Jets are the most efficient when used with the Frog kick! Make sure get the spring straps though, and you're all set. If you are still in need of non-jets, then feel free to offload them from be at the eBay, but.. there is a reason I am selling those and keeping the Jets. for me, they work much better.

Cheers,
-VT

forgot to mention, if you are getting the Jets, try to get XL size. The blade is slightly longer and better on the XL's. Also, the foot pocket is a bit smaller onthose Jets, so if you wear size Regular on Mares, then XL for Jets is the way to go. Although for my drysuit, I would have preffered an even bigger size, I hear the ScubaPro will come out with XXL size soon. don't know when though.

Thanks for the input!=-) I think i will have to go for the XXL....Ive got a size 13 foot........on top of that im looking at the SC sole boots.:D ......THAT should prove interesting. Im going today to try some Jets on (hopefully with the boots) to see how they fit......I might have to skip the boots though.

A buddy let me try her Volos, and I really didn't care for them. It was in a lake, so no current, but I didn't like them for frog kicks. If you go the Quattros route, you can get spring straps for them. Manta makes them.

I have size 11 with Oceanic Drysuit and their rubber boot. the fin barelly fits, but still usable thanks to the spring straps and some Armor Roll

Why don't you first go get certified.... then dive some fins and see what you think.

That is being cosidered if I find a shop Im comfortable with. I will be trying these out first hand even if its just to try snorkling with. I know its two diffrent things but should give me SOME idea as to how I like them.

XenoMorph2049 once bubbled...
That is being cosidered if I find a shop Im comfortable with. I will be trying these out first hand even if its just to try snorkling with. I know its two diffrent things but should give me SOME idea as to how I like them.

well.. for freediving/snorkeling, the Jets are not the best. You won't reap the benefits of what they can until you actually try them on scuba - i.e. Frog kicks, helicopter turns, and most important - back kick. For snorkeling, I would go with the Quattros instead since they are long and stiff.

Back
Top Bottom