Jill Heinerth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timmyjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Had the opportunity to attend the 1 Solo Woman, 1 Carry-On Case, 4K Video presentation by Jill Heinerth today at the Our World Underwater scuba show here in Chicago. All I can say is OMG. As a filmmaker, and a cave diver, her work is incredible. I also found some of it a bit terrifying. Not being a cave diver, and finding that whole concept to be rather scary, to see videos of her and her buddies diving in caves where they get trapped between the eight inch space between ceiling and floor in some tighter spaces, and then to see one diver trying to dig his way out of a cave where the current is piling sand up at the entrance faster than he can dig it away with his hands, seeing him get almost buried alive, 100 feet below the surface, as he keeps digging and digging, finally pulling himself through, gave me the shakes.

Aside from the really excellent footage, she also broke down the process of how to get the best from you underwater video gear. She went into really helpful detail on the process. Overall a really great presentation and one I highly recommend if you ever get the chance to attend.

Best,
-Tim

Back
Top Bottom