Joewr and Jellyfish Research

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... maybe one of the few to actually admit, though!

And after all, monkeys do eat bugs all the time! (kera = monkey in bahasa Indonesia...)

Yum yum...

So are you Zimbabwean or did you just live there? I spent a bit of time in Zim - loved it!

Born and bred in Zim. Now living here in the UK - guess I couldn't handle all that sunshine, huh.
Which parts of Zim did you get to?

LOL...

I just sent you a PM as it is off topic - however must ask, do you still have your Zimbabwean accent? I love the Zim and Cape Town accents... could listen to them for hours...

Things that go crunch!

Went to a very posh dinner last night and first we had the shrimp whilst the cook kept cooking the head and then served that up. Thanks to a boarding school education, when in Rome and all that, down it went. Strange thing is it was not that bad - I've been here too long.......

Jonathan

keep trying and you'll soon be crunching up those yummy (gag) little birds that Joe was talking about!

Good luck :p

Jonoson-kun, and I shall retire from the Nihonryori no senba (battlefield of Japanese cuisine): there are some shrimp "dishes" in which the shrimp are eaten raw:

(1) ama ebi--remember ama zaki? It is the same "ama" which means "sweet". Of course, the adjective is "amai". At any rate ama ebi are eaten raw and are actually quite tasty--umai.

(2) odori ebi--literally "dancing shrimp". These shrimp are quite long, but when served they are somewhat curled up. One bites the head and they "zing" out--sorta like those party favors we use at kids' birthdays and you Brits use at Christmas or Guy Fawkes Day. And the relevant grammar--"odoru" is the verb meaning "to dance". And, by now, I suspect you can tell me what the polite present and past tenses are. Honto, desune?

Dewa, mata,

Joewr...

Joe,
I think I could have done without your party favo(u)r metaphor first thing in the morning but it sure made me picture it.

Jonathan, well done, or if you prefer, you poor thing.

And thanks guys. My Japanese vocab is comming along great, pity about the pronunciation though.

My Japanese is only sushi related, Ama Ebi is great.

California Roll. How's that for pronunciation? Wasabi!! I could go on-but I don't want to show off....

Glad there's english translation in the sushi houses.

Back
Top Bottom