Johny Longblades

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To John, Kim and Linds my thoughts are with you everytime I am in the ocean. I know Johny is there watching over me. He was a great person and will not be forgotten.

Deep blue ocean for you always Johny!!!

Naga,
I'm not sure what info you are looking for but spearboard has several threads that go into more detail about what happend. It's under the Miami and Florida Keys section. Or you can PM me with questions.

Johny took an 02 hit at 162ft. The medical examiner told me that it was instant and he never knew what happened. All tests and investigations were performed twice because of Johny's notority in the keys, and oxygen toxicity is the only possible cause. Three years ago he took a hit but was already back to 40 ft when he passed out, and his buddy was right behind him. He spent a week going for rides in the tube in Miami but was cleared after 6 months. For those that never met Johny, I can tell you he was first class. His love for people and the ocean knew no bounds. Charter Captain, E.M.T., Diver and the greatest son a father could ever dream of.

JLB01
Johny's dad

My heart goes out to you JLB01. God be with you.

Back
Top Bottom