June Roll Call?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Current conditions? Hot, humid pretty calm by my standards. Squitos out in force. Weather forecast does mean absolutely nothing!

Alison is doing afternoon dives now? I didn't know that. Did she tell you that she can't actually go out on the boats right now? She has a new divemaster named Jorge leading the dives. I'll get to meet him and do my first dives with him tomorrow. Carlos is still El Capitan.

I just flew in today and boy are my arms... sweaty from the humidity. Also, this may sound crazy to almost everyone, but the first food I sought out was a banana. Seriously. They are so much better here than in the US.

Yes, she told me about her surgery. The boys are willing to take us out with a full boat on any day except Sunday!

Hey
@JK Oregon and @Scubasis23 I forgot about some credits I have with ProDive from being rained out last year. So I’ll be diving with ProDive the week of 6/17 and move over to Aldora the next week. Hope to meet you both!
Sounds great! We start diving the 19th, arrive the 18th. See you there!

Yes, she told me about her surgery. The boys are willing to take us out with a full boat on any day except Sunday!
Jorge's great. He's quiet, but does a great job leading the dives. Have you been on the Maximus before? Carlos is a lot of fun, too.

It sounds like I'm getting the boat all to myself on Saturday.

13-18th Crew of 6, AirBNB, Diving XT and ProTec for Cenotes.

For those of you who haven't left yet, the water temp, visibility, and conditions were all great last week. I got out for four days, including a night dive on Wednesday and it was about 84ish in the water on every dive. I tend to get cold, but I only wore my 3/2 full wet suit on the night dive and my Sharkskin jacket and board shorts for the days, and I stayed pretty warm until the very end of my last dive on Saturday.

Bring both sunscreen and mosquito repellent! I sprayed my clothes quite liberally with permethrin before I left (everything except what would be getting in the water with me) and put on picaridin lotion whenever I went out. While others were complaining about how bad the mosquitoes were, I only ever saw one and it was because karma was slapping me for bragging about not seeing any yet. Moments after saying I wasn't having any trouble, one landed on my arm. I didn't get a single bite in six days, though.

It's hot, it's humid, it's Cozumel. Friday morning, my fingers were already wrinkly by the time I made it to the marina, before I even got in the water, it was so humid. I had to go diving just to dry off.

June 16-23 staying at Casa Mexicana diving with tres!

For those of you who haven't left yet, the water temp, visibility, and conditions were all great last week. I got out for four days, including a night dive on Wednesday and it was about 84ish in the water on every dive. I tend to get cold, but I only wore my 3/2 full wet suit on the night dive and my Sharkskin jacket and board shorts for the days, and I stayed pretty warm until the very end of my last dive on Saturday.

Bring both sunscreen and mosquito repellent! I sprayed my clothes quite liberally with permethrin before I left (everything except what would be getting in the water with me) and put on picaridin lotion whenever I went out. While others were complaining about how bad the mosquitoes were, I only ever saw one and it was because karma was slapping me for bragging about not seeing any yet. Moments after saying I wasn't having any trouble, one landed on my arm. I didn't get a single bite in six days, though.

It's hot, it's humid, it's Cozumel. Friday morning, my fingers were already wrinkly by the time I made it to the marina, before I even got in the water, it was so humid. I had to go diving just to dry off.

I've been monitoring the weather in preparation for our arrival this coming Sunday the 17th. I'm noticing that the forecast shows thunderstorms just about every day this week and next (including today). Is this normal and nothing to be concerned about, or are we in for significant rainfall throughout the next couple of weeks?
:rain:

Back
Top Bottom