Jupiter area dive recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbm369

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi,
I will be in Pompano Beach the first 2 weeks of July.
Looking for ideas on where/what places to dive & dive boats to use in the Jupiter area. I'm a new diver, about 10 dives to date, only OW certified so far.

Thanks

I dove with Stuart Dive Shop back in March. I wasn't familiar with the area, so I hired a guide which ended up being sheeper (he post a lot on here, and I'm sure he will chime in). Had great dives with him.

I also dove with Pompano Dive Center at the same time and that was a good operation as well.

I dove with Stuart Dive Shop back in March. I wasn't familiar with the area, so I hired a guide which ended up being sheeper (he post a lot on here, and I'm sure he will chime in). Had great dives with him..

Thanks for the kind comment! We'll be happy to help you out as well cbm369!
We have several dive boats, experienced staff and crew and will be more than happy to exceed your expectations!

check out www.stuartscuba.com or just PM me with any questions. we'll take care of you!

Try Enzo at ScubaTyme in Pomapano. They go to nice dive sites. Jupiter Dive Center is also great.

For Jupiter, I like Jupiter Dive Center but there is good diving in Pompano too which is better for a new diver in my opinion. The shallow reef ledge in Pompano is beautiful, as nice as anything in the Keys. I like Scubatyme, Pompano Dive Center and South Florida Dive HQ.

For me, Jupiter is a waste without being nitrox certified. It's also more challenging compared to the shallow sites in Pompano.

If you insist on Jupiter, hire a personal guide. The in water dive guide is there to hold the float/dive flag line and will stay down until the nitrox divers are ready to come up. If you're the only air diver, you'll be coming to the surface solo in a current which isn't a great idea for an inexperienced diver

Last edited:
I agree that for a new diver the shallower sites in Pompano is a better option than going all the way to Jupiter where the diving is deeper and more suited to Nitrox. In the Pompano area, I use Pompano Dive Center but I have heard very good things about South Florida Dive Headquarters and Scubatyme as well.

Oh, I will be doing several dives in the Pompano area for sure, also will be doing some beach dives too.
I was just wondering about the Jupiter area because I'm only certified to 60 ft & no nitrox yet and didn't know if there dives there that fit into that shallower dive profile. I've heard the Jupiter area is great for seeing larger sea life, which is something I want to do.

Oh, I will be doing several dives in the Pompano area for sure, also will be doing some beach dives too.
I was just wondering about the Jupiter area because I'm only certified to 60 ft & no nitrox yet and didn't know if there dives there that fit into that shallower dive profile. I've heard the Jupiter area is great for seeing larger sea life, which is something I want to do.

we have plenty of sites for open water (60 foot) dives. In fact, one of my favorite and spectacular dive sites is from 58 feet (on the top of the reef) to, at most, 72 feet to the sand at the bottom. We frequently take OW divers there. There are also some spectacular reef ledges in 65 feet and wrecks that bottom out at 68 feet.
Nitrox is always a good idea (and we can help you do that) so by the time you get here, you're ready to dive nitrox! There is something for everyone!

For a beach dive, don't miss the Blue Heron Bridge. There is a shop right there at the bridge (www.blueheronbridgescuba.com) that is affiliated with Stuart Scuba and you can rent any gear or arrange for a guide there.

we have plenty of sites for open water (60 foot) dives. In fact, one of my favorite and spectacular dive sites is from 58 feet (on the top of the reef) to, at most, 72 feet to the sand at the bottom. We frequently take OW divers there. There are also some spectacular reef ledges in 65 feet and wrecks that bottom out at 68 feet.
Nitrox is always a good idea (and we can help you do that) so by the time you get here, you're ready to dive nitrox! There is something for everyone!

For a beach dive, don't miss the Blue Heron Bridge. There is a shop right there at the bridge (www.blueheronbridgescuba.com) that is affiliated with Stuart Scuba and you can rent any gear or arrange for a guide there.

Lol, was typing you a PM, when you posted this. :)

thanks again for the input,
Charlie

Charlie,

You can easily do nitrox before your trip, do the course online and then go to your LDS to analyze a couple of tanks. My wife did this with PADI several years ago, quick and easy. I believe other agencies do the same.

Jupiter would be fine, assuming you're nitrox certified, but the reef dives are more like 65-85 feet. I would also recommend JDC, you could stay with the guide they put in on every dive. You might also consider Boynton Beach, reef is 50-65 feet, gorgeous, loaded with fish. I use Underwater Explorers, Loggerhead, and Starfish

Good diving, Craig

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom