Just finished my DM today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations! Besides the swimming, do you have any other recommendations on preparing for it?
For the 800, get a snorkel that is the biggest open unobstructed airway you can find. I made the mistake of using a dry snorkle and I couldn't breathe through it well at all for the entire 800 yards. Thought I was going to die about halfway through the swim.

Congratulations!

Use stiff fins, practice swimming in a lap pool not a small home pool. Dont be overwhelmed by all the material at the beginning. Its like eating an elephant,start with an ear. Relax and enjoy the course.:)

Do you have to do that swim in scuba gear?? I lap swim a 1500 workout regularly. So I can knock out 800 without a problem - but do you have to do it with a tank on your back???

I finished my DM today. Did my last test and the 400 and 800 yard swims this morning!!!:) Need to mail off my form and check. I really enjoyed the DM program. Richard

Way to go! Congratulations!

Willie

Jupitermeremaid, I enjoyed working and helping with the students during the pool and openwater dives the most. Thevalkyry, the swims for PADI are diver tow in full gear,tread water no gear,400 yard swim no gear,800 yard mask snorkel fins swim. All are timed. If you have been swimming that much you will have no problem. I cycle for exercise, but I am going to add swimming to my program. Its great all around cardio.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom