Just got my OW cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swedish Chef

Registered
Reaction score
So I decided to finally get down to it and go get certified. I have previously lived with a girlfriend that was a divemaster and she showed me all the ropes and we went diving at least ten dives but I never got around to get the certificate.

Well, on a short term job in Wellington I decided it was time and now after four pooldives, theory and the four shoredives I am definitely hooked and signed up for the Advanced Open water cert as well. Will do my five dives over next weekend, the optionals will be one night dive, one wreck and choosing between the buoyancy and the propulsion vehicle dives.

I have almost exclusively dived in tropical waters but being a native Swede I thought I should give it a go in colder water for the certification. My ultimate aim is to get the ice diver and go to the Antarctica for a dive (hopefully there are charter dives for that). I'll probably realise that goal in three four years after I gather up experience and move my way up the PADI ladder.

Diving is great and I am happy I took the cert in colder water rather than on my vacation in warm water, gets you prepared a bit for that really cold water :)

Swedish Chef:
So I decided to finally get down to it and go get certified. I have previously lived with a girlfriend that was a divemaster and she showed me all the ropes and we went diving at least ten dives but I never got around to get the certificate.
....Diving is great and I am happy I took the cert in colder water rather than on my vacation in warm water, gets you prepared a bit for that really cold water :)

Congratulations!

And in the spirit of you handle:

Hindi ferdie wrindie hinkie ferdie indie ferdie roasta chicken!

A great big congratulations to you...You sound as if you have that SCUBA twinkle in your eyes...Unlike some other things however...the SCUBA twinkle never goes away...Best of wishes...Bobby

namabiru:
Yosha! Congrats on your certification! If you're like me, you're now just itchin' to dive. Can't stop thinking about it. Dream about it at night. You know, that sort of thing.

You bet, that is why I signed up for the Advanced course straight away. Feels good to do five supervised dives off the bat and then move on to the tropical waters to really get that skill down along with the great experience that diving is.

rawls:
A great big congratulations to you...You sound as if you have that SCUBA twinkle in your eyes...Unlike some other things however...the SCUBA twinkle never goes away...Best of wishes...Bobby
Thanks, and you are definitly right about the twinkle!

CoolTech:
Hindi ferdie wrindie hinkie ferdie indie ferdie roasta chicken!
Hurdy, Burdy. Good to meet fellow Swedish speakers here :D

Congrats!!! I was certified 4 years ago and have not had the opportunity to do too much diving. Stick with it!

Jen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom