Just got my Tg5... Holy cow, now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't have the best conditions to try out my TG5 on my trip to the Florida Keys but I got a few usable shots, this is one of the better ones. I did no post shot edits of this one. My macro stuff came out the best but that's because that's the only Backscatter video I had a chance to look over. I can't wait for their wide angle set up video.

Attachments

• P6040129.JPG
    P6040129.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 94
Sorry for jumping on this thread:

Since I have video lights and no strobes, if I want to shoot a wide shot (non-macro), would the best thing be to just shoot the pre-programmed “Underwater - Wide” mode? I know that I'll get a "holiday snapshot" at best...

Got a reply from Backscatter:

There is no really good way to light a very large animal especially if it is more than six feet away. A Sola 2000 is not the light to use for that. I would suggest using a custom white balance in the camera for the depth that you are and take the image that way. We are going to have a lot more in the way of how to videos coming out for that camera so stay tuned to our page for more on how to use it. You can also try using program mode and adjust your F stop as best as you can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom