Just got my Tg5... Holy cow, now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I saw those before I left. Unfortunately they didn't have part 2 (video light macro) until after I got back from the trip. That being said, their suggested general settings is what I based off of while I was on the trip, very helpful!

It's a heck of a little camera.

I bought the TG-4 shortly after it came out and really enjoy shooting with it. It’s been more than a year since I used my G15 as the Oly is so much lighter when traveling.
Hoping their next version will include the ability to shoot in manual mode.

I have to say that after 20+ yrs shooting housed SLRs I found this little camera a demon to deal with initially and it was like starting all over again.

The Backscatter video was a godsend to me, but I had issues with my YS110a strobe that appeared not to synch until I downloaded the strobe instructions and read them :rofl3: and it's working well.

That said I purchased a 100m housing primarily to shoot video on tech dives with a dome port.

Land shots work great on auto

First dive with the strobe and macro settings done properly were reasonably ok

e.g.

full

But I do need some more practice.

Last Friday I took the camera down on a wreck and used video. Somehow the settings changed to "slo mo" which also removes the sound, and well, now I have some video which is not that great. I was using two Sola 800 lights and they are okayish when close and on full power.

A bit of a steep learning curve for me really as I'm so used to manually adjusting and focusing using a housed SLR.

Just got my TG-5 and am nervously taking it on a trip at the end of the month. (It's my first time to shoot with a new camera in 15+ years). Looking forward to learning all of the ins and outs though and am hopeful for some good shots.

I'm having trouble getting the camera to connect with my iphone via the OI.Share app, which is a bit frustrating because I'd been looking forward to using that feature. Is anybody else having similar issues?

Just got my TG-5 and am nervously taking it on a trip at the end of the month. (It's my first time to shoot with a new camera in 15+ years). Looking forward to learning all of the ins and outs though and am hopeful for some good shots.

I'm having trouble getting the camera to connect with my iphone via the OI.Share app, which is a bit frustrating because I'd been looking forward to using that feature. Is anybody else having similar issues?
I have never tried this feature , but just use a card reader to transfer photos very quickly and without Wifi. It's a great little camera !

Just got mine too!
Does anybody use wet diopter with Oly housing?
I already have Inon UCL165-M67 wet lens so I'm thinking to buy a step up ring.
Does it help underwater? Add magnification? Or add working distance while maintaining magnification as without?
Or even useless?

Sorry for jumping on this thread:

Since I have video lights and no strobes, if I want to shoot a wide shot (non-macro), would the best thing be to just shoot the pre-programmed “Underwater - Wide” mode? I know that I'll get a "holiday snapshot" at best...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom