Keep an eye on this one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not so fast.. Updated as of 3:30 pm Monday, Phoenix time.

Larger view.. Click Here

storm-13.jpg

confused-smiley-012.gif
The other models moved north some, huh?

So are any windows getting boarded or boats pulled out of the water on Coz, or is everyone betting on a miss...?

The SCC web cam looks cloudy but pretty calm. Overcast so it's hard to see as it gets later in the day.

The SCC web cam looks cloudy but pretty calm. Overcast so it's hard to see as it gets later in the day.
What were you looking for? SCC faces the opposite direction as the storm, which is still a long ways off.

What were you looking for? SCC faces the opposite direction as the storm, which is still a long ways off.

I was looking for the bands that are already rolling onto the mainland as shown by this radar map.. The camera faces that way.

storm-13a.jpg

confused-smiley-012.gif
The other models moved north some, huh?

So are any windows getting boarded or boats pulled out of the water on Coz, or is everyone betting on a miss...?

No boarding up, no boats have come out and I don't expect that any will, it's really not warranted! It's life and business as normal here as of almost 9pm Monday night. As has been said, a TS or Cat 1 is really a nuisance and it is still too far away from us to give us problems! We are now less than 48 hours form landfall and the models don't even have it within 100 miles of us - except the GFS model which has been wavering from total agreement with the other models to a little north of the other models - but still 60+ miles south of us with THAT model.

Port is still open as well. Several boats out on night dives tonight. We had a few short scattered showers tonight but NOTHING to cause worry! It's cloudy, but it was a hot sunny/partly cloudy day. Amazing sunset tonight! NOTHING out of the ordinary! Just because you see some cloud cover that appear to be outer bands, does not mean anything other than typical scattered showers. :shakehead:

We are under a tropical storm WATCH (stay alert) not even a warning (which means we WILL have TS winds)!

at201205_model.gif

The gov has it under control:

COHUA05.jpg

I actually just ordered a small hurricane to past by and wash the July Ick off the island. (But not close enough for the dry law to kick in!!!) I wanted nice and shiny and clean for the Cool Kids of August.

No boarding up, no boats have come out and I don't expect that any will, it's really not warranted! It's life and business as normal here as of almost 9pm Monday night. As has been said, a TS or Cat 1 is really a nuisance and it is still too far away from us to give us problems! We are now less than 48 hours form landfall and the models don't even have it within 100 miles of us - except the GFS model which has been wavering from total agreement with the other models to a little north of the other models - but still 60+ miles south of us with THAT model.

Port is still open as well. Several boats out on night dives tonight. We had a few short scattered showers tonight but NOTHING to cause worry! It's cloudy, but it was a hot sunny/partly cloudy day. Amazing sunset tonight! NOTHING out of the ordinary! Just because you see some cloud cover that appear to be outer bands, does not mean anything other than typical scattered showers. :shakehead:

We are under a tropical storm WATCH (stay alert) not even a warning (which means we WILL have TS winds)!

View attachment 131749

Oh, Christi, you should know after all these years, you just live there. That doesn't make you the expert on what's actually going on or give you any experience to have these opinions. :D When it comes to tropical systems, the real experts are the people thousands of miles away Googling for updates. :wink:

There's a guy on a Mexico travel forum who's got people all riled up, telling them this could be a cat 4. He's a hobbyist storm watcher... online only, of course. I don't think he's ever been anywhere in the Caribbean or FL during a TD, TS or any category of hurricane. He's telling people the airports will close, etc. Just ridiculous. :shakehead:

He's a hobbyist storm watcher... online only, of course. I don't think he's ever been anywhere in the Caribbean or FL during a TD, TS or any category of hurricane. He's telling people the airports will close, etc. Just ridiculous. :shakehead:

Wait, I know that guy!!! Didn't he used to post here? "The island will be CUT OFF...." I miss that guy a little... ok, very little..... hehe.....

Oh, Christi, you should know after all these years, you just live there. That doesn't make you the expert on what's actually going on or give you any experience to have these opinions. :D When it comes to tropical systems, the real experts are the people thousands of miles away Googling for updates. :wink:

There's a guy on a Mexico travel forum who's got people all riled up, telling them this could be a cat 4. He's a hobbyist storm watcher... online only, of course. I don't think he's ever been anywhere in the Caribbean or FL during a TD, TS or any category of hurricane. He's telling people the airports will close, etc. Just ridiculous. :shakehead:

Hahah! But the guy on the MX travel forum is an idiot!! Which site?

Tuesday morning update - port is open, life and business as normal, very little wind (normal), it is sunny now, but there are some storm clouds so I expect a rainy afternoon!

Models have all virtually lined up again this morning - so that goofy GFS model that kept wanting to go north has now shifted to the other extreme and is the southernmost path!

I'll keep you all posted with actual and current conditions! I'll even try to go out and take some photos later - no promises on the photos, but I'll try!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom