Keep the camera housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hezishohat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi

How do you keep the camera housing?
I mean at the diving club or on a boat
to keep it away from other divers that always have to seat on your strobe or put his weights belt on your fiber

Let's see some ideas here :)

Thanks, Hezi

I use a soft sided cooler bag. It's just large enough to accommodate my rig with the strobe arms folded and tucked close to the housing. Once on the boat, I keep that cooler in my lap, or put it under the bench I'm sitting on. When we're getting close to the site, I take out the rig and unfold the strobe arms, and from there on I basically keep it in my lap. I'd never trust a bunch of random divers with lots of heavy gear to watch out for my rig.

It's not a bulletproof solution, but it provides a decent amount of protection from minor dings and scratches.

Make a point to ask your dive operator for a safe place to put your rig. Most at least have a laundry basket or something that you can use. Same with a rinse "tank". But you need to ask before leaving the dock...
Otherwise some sort of soft cooler bag or best the new "Square Grouper" bag from Cinebags works great.
Cinebag-1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom