Key Largo: Found - Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

njmorrell

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I found a dive computer on The Benwood Wreck, Key Largo. It was found with 300 minutes dive time on Thursday (28th Dec) in the afternoon which means it was lost around 10.30 in the morning. Contact me if it belongs to you.

Nick

I guess sharks dont care for electronics?

I lost a dive computer on the Duane wreck back in September. Not clear why you are certain it was lost on that particular day based on it the data you posted, because it could possibly recycle the data after a period of time.

Anyway I'll post some info on my lost dive computer just on the very off chance it could have somehow drifted from one wreck to another especially with the hurricane that blew flew the following week.

Mine was an early model Oceanic and it would probably still have part of a broken retractor string attached to it.

I lost a dive computer on the Duane wreck back in September. Not clear why you are certain it was lost on that particular day based on it the data you posted, because it could possibly recycle the data after a period of time.

Anyway I'll post some info on my lost dive computer just on the very off chance it could have somehow drifted from one wreck to another especially with the hurricane that blew flew the following week.

Mine was an early model Oceanic and it would probably still have part of a broken retractor string attached to it.

Sorry not yours.

It had no growth on it.

Nick.

DavBuc That avatar is really annoying. Just having it in my field of view is physically unpleasant. I do not care about on an intellectual level but it has a physiological effect on me.

Ah that is better, blocked the posts.

May I suggest also posting in local forums. It might catch the eye of someone else who may have been on the trip and remembers someone who lost a computer.

I know it's a little late for the person who lost their computer but this may help others. Put your name on your computer and camera. I own a Shearwater which allows you to add your name and other information to the screen. Before that, I put a dog tag (available from e-bay or the pet shop) on my computer with name and phone number, e-mail.

I know it's a little late for the person who lost their computer but this may help others. Put your name on your computer and camera. I own a Shearwater which allows you to add your name and other information to the screen. Before that, I put a dog tag (available from e-bay or the pet shop) on my computer with name and phone number, e-mail.

Or simply Dive with Pedro from Blue XT Sea. I dropped my camera in about 80 feet of water with a lot of rocks and coral etc and he found it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom