Kicking Style

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Solarstorm,
All the reviews and opinions might give you info, but you just need to try different styles. Have an instructor look at your kicks first and make sure your form is right, whether you are using flutter, modified flutter, or frog kicks.

mdb,
You left out the portion of my quote that indicated that there is a legitimate need and market for such fins. As far as testimonals are concerned they are as easy to come by for virtually any product with the myraid of differing tastes and needs in exsistance. I would be much more immpressed if the list included the likes of Jablonski, Mount, L Greene, Chatterton and other titans of technical diving. If split fins are indeed materially/significantly better than paddle/blade fins you may need to pass out more demos to notable centers of influence to create awareness and or increase your marketing budget.

I am not a chemical engineer but I do have two eyes. Split fins have been in exsistance for over a decade and I can tell by being a resident of Florida where much technical diving is being accomplished Jet Fins, Turtle fins, OMS Slipstreams and Dive Rite fins are on the booties of over 80-90% of the tec divers I have come accross. If all these divers have it wrong you have the potential to make a bundle...

There is not one "fits all" in dive equipment. That why there is such a wide range of products that all seem to have a market. As much as the technical community would love to see splits go away, that fact is they won't. Some day, some bold and daring tech diver might discover they actually work well for him (or her) and won't be afraid to be seen in them.

Paddle fins will always have their place, but splits will too. Personally, I can do anything with my TwinJet splits I could do with paddle fins, and they actually were the first fins I could fin backwards in. The fact that they are easy on an injured knee is a great plus.

I really hate hearing the condemnation of them by divers who either can't or don't want to master them. And I especially despise a diver with a couple hundred dives and a tech class under their belt professing to be a possessor of all diving knowledge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom