Komodo North and South

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just completed the MERMAID II trip Bali-Komodo in October.
VERY good....lots of variety, lots of life, lots of action.
Here is the Komodo segment of the route map.

Tursiops - did you do the 7-night Bali-Komodo-Bali trip or was it a different itinerary?

We're doing that in August.

- Bill & Emily

I'm doing some planning for September 2019 and trying to determine if the 7 night or the 9 night option is better, given the travel time from Dallas.

Mermaid 1 has the trip:
12-Sep-19 21-Sep-19 Bali – Komodo – Maumere

While Mermaid 2 has the more travel friendly departures that depart and return via Bail, so no internal flights needed. Those are the 7 night
Bali-Komodo-Bali

Remember that the first and last "days" are not dive days.

- Bill
I got that, but the people that have posted have all either gone on or are planning on the 7 night trip, so I was wondering if they found 5 days of diving more than enough and the extra days on the longer trip might not be worth the money. Very subjective answers i'm sure, but.............

I got that, but the people that have posted have all either gone on or are planning on the 7 night trip, so I was wondering if they found 5 days of diving more than enough and the extra days on the longer trip might not be worth the money. Very subjective answers i'm sure, but.............
What our group did was post-Mermaid we used Underwater Tribe and did a 6-day safari around Bali. So folks got a two-week trip out of it, which made the time-zones and air-fares seem a bit more tolerable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom