Komodo Sep 2017 part 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we had a very nice liveaboard trip in Komodo on sep 2017
part 1:
Part 2:
Dan_T--nice videos--I take it from your second video that you were on the live aboard MV Empress? I'm considering this boat for a trip next year but have read some conflicting reviews about the boat since Froggey Scuba has taken over operation. Can you maybe post your review of the boat? Thanks my friend

Dan_T--nice videos--I take it from your second video that you were on the live aboard MV Empress? I'm considering this boat for a trip next year but have read some conflicting reviews about the boat since Froggey Scuba has taken over operation. Can you maybe post your review of the boat? Thanks my friend

I cannot compare before and after. I just had one trip with them.
Anyway, i can give some comment.
The staff are very nice and friendly. They arranged picking up service from my hotel of Labuan bajo as i arrived one day before. And even return to the airport after the trip.
Divers are divided into 2 groups. So It is comfortable when diving, not crowded. This is the most benefit because i had bad experiences in Thai, too many divers in the dive site, everywhere just bubbles. Dive guides are good also, trying to show anything special to divers.
Rooms and toliet is clean. I quite appreciate about this. Some Liveaboard didn't clean up the rooms very well because of the rush schedule.

I'm quite disappointed we didn't dive in the south of komodo, i got a schedule from them just 2 weeks before the trip, but they turned down to head south finally.
Also, nitrox should be include in the dive package. But there is no nitrox provided without notice.
Not that much choice of food. I feel good about this. I saw so many vessels wasted a lot of food as they prepared too much.

Hope this can help u to make decision on your next trip.

Nice videos. CAn you tell us what you used for video equipment? Thank you

Nice videos. CAn you tell us what you used for video equipment? Thank you
I'm using Sony a6300 and my wife's Canon g7x. Dji mavic pro for the drone footage.

Thank you very much.:)

You are so steady with the camera! Looking forward to seeing more of your videos as your skills progress. Again, thanks for the musical expression. I love how the music enhances rather than distracts.

Last edited:
Very nice! Thanks for posting. Your videos really captured the essence of Komodo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom