Korean Air experiences???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings, folks -

Working on booking air for our Indo trip in October, and have been looking at the prices on Korean Air from LAX, which seem fairly reasonable right now. Anyone flown them before, and if so, what were your experiences? On time? Late? Luggage showed up? Food? Seating? Anything else?

Thanks in advance!

I have used them for work. No problems, just like a US airline except they run on time, have newer airplanes, are polite and serve noodles.

No Korean Air experience but depending on where you are headed in Indonesia you might look at China Air. We paid $805 out of San Francisco this last December to fly to Bali R/T. Prices out of LAX ran the same and the connections were very timely either way.

SFO to Taipei is of course non-stop w/ a 2-3 hr layover then a roughly 5 hr flight to Denpasar. About the same layover time going home. It was my third time flying w/ them and they have above average service (remember whe you used to get that?). Very decent meals (yes, meals!) and it seems like more room on board. When the aircraft is pushed back from the gate the ground crew stands by all lined up and waves to the plane. Almost worth the price of admission right there. // ww

... quite pleasant in Business.

That's probably not an unusual claim to make about many airlines. I'm wondering how it is for those of us who ride in the back of the bus . :wink:

Hope that doesn't mean you actually have to go through Korea... done that

Well ... yeah. The new airport in Incheon is rated as one of the best, if not the best, in the world. I figure in most modern airports you're in a pretty insular environment for a couple hours between gates, especially when you're continuing on the same airline.

http://www.worldairportawards.com/Awards_2009/Airport2009.htm

Did you have any problems there, or elsewhere?

I have used them for work. No problems, just like a US airline except they run on time, have newer airplanes, are polite and serve noodles.

Yeah, all the Asian airlines seem to serve those little styrofoam cups of MSG and salt with noodles on the side, but I still usually break down and have one anyway.

... it seems like more room on board.

This is always important to me, at 6'3" and 220 lb. But when I look at seatguru.com, China Air lists long haul economy seats as 32" x 17" (seat pitch x width), and Korean Air as 33-34" x 18" on the 777 we'd fly LAX-ICN. Don't know if this is for real ... just saying.

Well ya got me. We flew a 747 SFO to TPE and an Airbus A330 (I'm pretty sure...) TPE to DPS. Get this. The flight from TPE to Bali was at most 1/3 full, NO one sitting aft of the wing! They made up for it on the return flights, which were chock full. Looking at China Air's website I'm seeing $952.r/t flights LAX to DPS, includes all fees & taxes. (Had to look--can't wait to get back to Bali!) Oct. is a bit far down the road to start seeing any hot deals though. // ww

Back
Top Bottom