Korean Air experiences???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to clarify, no problem with the airport, just the long way to get there. Seeing Alaska and Siberia was pretty cool, but I'll avoid the extra time in future. You've purchased so sit back and enjoy the trip!

I just flew Korean from Seattle to Seoul to Phuket. Good service, on time, comfortable planes, and the food was ok. I plan on using them again next year.

Just to clarify, no problem with the airport, just the long way to get there. Seeing Alaska and Siberia was pretty cool, but I'll avoid the extra time in future. You've purchased so sit back and enjoy the trip!

LAX-ICN-DPS: less than 22 hours elapsed time

DPS-ICN-LAX: less than 22 hours elapsed time

Shortest flight time Los Angeles to Bali we've ever had ... :wink:

I fly Korean mostly because they are Skyteam.
Service is ok, but I ended up several time in planes where you didnt have TV in business (old 747).
They are clearly worse than Singapore or even Cathay but i need to stick to one group as much as possible.
The pros:
- their flight, whether in business (2500 or even lower) or coach (800) are cheap to go from LAX to Seoul, even Narita.
- they have midnight flights, which is good if you sleep in planes so you arrive in asia early morning with 'limited jet lag'
- the number of connections to get to other places from ICN are quite decent... but them it adds up in the cost. However, I ended up once having a cheaper ticket from NRT to LAX through ICN, rather than direct.
- I'll try once to make a stop back through Hawaii, and stay there over the week-end, which apparently can reduce the ticket price.
- coach seats are acceptable if the flight is not too crowded
Cons:
Singapore is better :-(
I'm not sure their connections through Seoul are well suited to dive locations
ICN airport maybe brand new terminal, but timing between conection are either far too long or far too short
- coach seats are acceptable if the flight is not too crowded
- the cheap flights are always non cancellable/non refund. and the flexible ones are very expensive.
- Not sure how the direct booking online would work

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom