Korean Air experiences???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Korean flies a Boeing 777 LAX-ICN, and an Airbus 330 ICN-DPS. Elapsed time about 28 hours. Price as of this AM, $821.09, all taxes and fees included. Both Korean Air and China Air rate 4 stars at Skytrax ...

http://www.airlinequality.com/StarRanking/ranking.htm

... based on actual customer reviews.

No Korean Air experience but depending on where you are headed in Indonesia you might look at China Air. We paid $805 out of San Francisco this last December to fly to Bali R/T. Prices out of LAX ran the same and the connections were very timely either way.

Wank, when did you get your tickets? I'd like to go to Bali in November and right now, it's $982 on China Air out of SFO. Other airlines are charging between $1000-1300. Not sure if I should book this now or wait 2 months before going for promos. In your experience, how far in advance do you book?

As of Monday, 3/1, Korean Air is $841.00 out of LAX. Missed the $821 ticket, but bought it at $841.

Well, it was our first Bali trip so I can't claim "experience" but let's see. I initially booked sometime in late March for a Dec. 1 flight. Checking back in early June I saw the price had dropped almost $200 bucks so I called and was told I could get a credit, pay $100. and re-book all in one move online (so we wouldn't lose the flights we had) and ultimately paid a total of $806. a piece (hot deal but I think it was their 50th anniversary special).

In Sep. or so I was told that the liveaboard we were doing for the 2d part of our trip wouldn't get us back in time to make the China Air flt from Denpasar. Called back and they changed the return date for no charge. There were no checked baggage fees (50lb wt limit) and for carry-on I took a laptop and stuff in a shoulder case and jammed a daypack full of regs, camera gear, strobe whatever (probably 35lb or so total for the two carry-ons) and never a whisper from them. Will definitely use them again if the price is right. Heck, I'd fly them just to see the ground crews waving goodbye on the tarmac! // ww

That's still a good price, highdesert.

Wank, that's awesome! I'm sold on China Air. Will keep watching the price... Thanks.

I've flown Korean Air many times, both between USA-Korea and domestic Korean flights.

Service is first class.

I had trouble actually purchasing tickets for flights exclusively outside of the USA. They require a Korean-based credit card for internet booking and ticket purchasing. This means you have to go through a travel agent.

I've flown Korean Air many times, both between USA-Korea and domestic Korean flights.

Service is first class.

I had trouble actually purchasing tickets for flights exclusively outside of the USA. They require a Korean-based credit card for internet booking and ticket purchasing. This means you have to go through a travel agent.

Maybe it's because our flight originates in the USA, but our US credit card was accepted and tickets issued (confirmed by real live agaent), including the ICN-DPS leg.

A note about purchasing through a travel agent ... if you purchase other than on the airline's own website, or through one of their own reservation agents, your seat number may be a "request", not a reservation. This is true of most airlines, which we have learned the hard way in the past.

Last edited:
If there are going to be a lot of Koreans on the plane, I suggest you eat some garlic about an hour before boarding.
No offense to Koreans at all, but they do eat a lot of garlic and it can be overwhelming with 250 of them in a plane.

If there are going to be a lot of Koreans on the plane, I suggest you eat some garlic about an hour before boarding.
No offense to Koreans at all, but they do eat a lot of garlic and it can be overwhelming with 250 of them in a plane.

Better yet, go find a Korean BBQ restaurant and enjoy some good chow. Their food is dang tasty and you will get your required does of garlic.

Better yet, go find a Korean BBQ restaurant and enjoy some good chow. Their food is dang tasty and you will get your required does of garlic.

Don't forget the kimchi (kim chee) ... best way I know to eat cabbage!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom