Kudos to Al Gore on his Nobel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I was very pleased when I woke up this morning to find Al Gore was co-recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize for his work on educating the world about the issue of global warming. Whether you support him, or oppose him (on political or scientific grounds), this is a worthy achievement... or, rather, a work in progress,

I happened to be a classmate of Gore's back in our college daze, so I "knew" him (as appears to be required in the Kudos forum). However, my only claim to fame re: this was the night I tried to ask Tipper to dance with me at a party in our dorm. Mutual friends warned me off (gently).

Someone will always have something negative to say about others. But the fact remains that Gore did SOMETHING.

What have any of us done to change the world on the scale of his action?

Congratulations to Mr Gore.

So......when are you going to announce your candidacy? :D

I happened to be a classmate of Gore's back in our college daze, so I "knew" him (as appears to be required in the Kudos forum). However, my only claim to fame re: this was the night I tried to ask Tipper to dance with me at a party in our dorm. Mutual friends warned me off (gently).

OK so this is the part of the thread that interests me. So did Gore send some goons to scare you off? Was this more of a gentlemens friendly warning? And were these really "mutual friends"?

And why were you so easily waved off?

And when you asked Tipper to dance what did she say?

Did you in fact get to dance? or did said mutual friend warning prevent any dancing?

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat".

Congrats to Al

I think its great that one of America's sons has won the world's highest honor!

What is with all the hating? I think Americans should all be proud of our accomplishments.

Peter

What is with all the hating? I think Americans should all be proud of our accomplishments.

One of our greatest accomplishments over the past three decades or so has been to learn how to hate each other with a vehemence that the rest of the world truly doesn't comprehend ... I think most Americans take pride in how much they can hate each other.

I think our other greatest accomplishment is the ability to create, and believe in, fairy tales that rationalize why we hate each other so much ... :shakehead:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom