Kudos to www.got-scuba.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
These guys are new but they are good people. I ordered a gift from their site for a friend of mine who is into scuba and he loved it, said he'd never seen anything like it before. Thanks www.got-scuba.com

I ordered a gift from their site for a friend of mine who is into scuba and he loved it, said he'd never seen anything like it before.

So what was it?? I'm always looking for something new to spend my money on! :D

This is copied from thedrizzles' first post on the Board:

"I have a client that runs a website called www.got-scuba.com "

and now you offer Kudos! you should be keelhauled.

Now it just seems like you are spamming the board.

Yeah...I just posted in Drizzle's introduction page, and then I saw this. Odd to offer Kudos for your own website. :shakehead:

Plus, I checked out the site...and I don't know what you mean by "he'd never seen anything like it."

Their selection appears to be very limited...4 BCs and 5 second stages. I realy don't see how they are going to compete with LP or Scuba Toys unless they really slash those prices. The two things I saw and recognized are the same price as other sites.

I love it, check a lot of the kudos for the online stores. Lots of raves from customers with under 10 posts. It's the new marketing.

Prices don't seem to be particularly great.
said he'd never seen anything like it before
Maybe that's because he's used to seeing divegear from Manufacturers he'd heard of...

btw, was anyone able to find a manufacturer's name on any of the gear. I didn't in the 4-5 sections I briefly looked thru...

Anyone think we should report this to the spam police? Since all 3 of thedrizzles posts refer you to the website.

Yes it's true I was trying to get you to go to the site, I was testing the water so to speak. I apologize if I have irked any of you but please understand that I have virtually no knowledge of scuba diving or what is involved in terms of gear or preparation or anythng. Though I have always felt that people take these message boards too seriously, I believe this group of people is very courteous and anxious to help new people. Honestly, I had no other way to get feedback on the site which is not mine but rather a clients from people who are actually into scuba so if you guys have any suggestions for me I'd love to hear them. The owner needs help and she is not a very creative person. Though I am creative, I have no idea what the mindset of someone searching online for scuba gear would be. If one of the suggestions is going to be to remove myself from this message board, consider it done by the end of the week. Thanks for your time, your names and pictures are all very cute. Sincerely, the Drizzle

No Problem, you heard this was the place to go. Post a few glowing threads in kudos, put up a website and let the cash roll in. Good luck!

Tank bangers and SCUDA are two low priced items that sell well.

Yes it's true I was trying to get you to go to the site, I was testing the water so to speak. I apologize if I have irked any of you but please understand that I have virtually no knowledge of scuba diving or what is involved in terms of gear or preparation or anythng. Though I have always felt that people take these message boards too seriously, I believe this group of people is very courteous and anxious to help new people. Honestly, I had no other way to get feedback on the site which is not mine but rather a clients from people who are actually into scuba so if you guys have any suggestions for me I'd love to hear them. The owner needs help and she is not a very creative person. Though I am creative, I have no idea what the mindset of someone searching online for scuba gear would be. If one of the suggestions is going to be to remove myself from this message board, consider it done by the end of the week. Thanks for your time, your names and pictures are all very cute. Sincerely, the Drizzle
You could have gotten feedback for the site in the intro section (like you also did). Posting something in the Kudos section is pretty shady...especially since you have no knowledge of scuba and make statements like "never seen anything like it."

Curious...what exactly was it that he had "never seen" before. The site appears to be pretty run-of-the-mill...except as I state before, limited and average prices. If you want to know what a REAL online scuba store looks like check out www.scubatoys.com and www.leisurepro.com. By the way, those stores are both on ScubaBoard (ST even offers us a 10% discount) but they identify themselves as affiliated with the store...thereby avoiding the shadyness. ScubaToys also advertises the fair way...by paying ScubaBoard.

Don't leave. Stay around. You might even become a scuba diver. If your "client" hired you to design their website, you might learn a lot by staying here.

Scuba online is a difficult business. Just like all business. There are no easy ones. Your "client" will need to increase the number of hours worked each week, radically increase the opportunity cost invested in inventory, and get really good at customer service than she is with here current walk in scuba store.

Note: If she doesn't already have a walk-in scuba store, she may as well close her online store. The manufacturers have already given that exclusive franchise away. Or, as others might say, that ship has already sailed.

Again, welcome, your transgression is forgiven, and hang around.

Phil Ellis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom