Kudos to www.got-scuba.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are going to be that shady when trying to get us to come visit the site, it make me wonder what other antics you may be capable of. :no

I will be avoiding this site for sure. There are other who are far more reputable in their effort to drive business to their sites without having to resort to such a cheap play.

It's amazing how the average ScubaBoardian is anything but "average". :D It's always best to be completely truthful when posting here. Anything less and the tribe will let you know how unimpressed they are.

Maybe we should start a "ScubaBoard CSI" segment??? :D

lol Doc. I looked at the site and will agree with everyone else, its nothing special, and ST and LP deffinately beat it hands down.

But dont leave, read a bit and learn some "stuff" on scuba diving.

You have to realize that alot of people here know alot of other people here, and we all talk about whats going on, i may be diving this weekend with a guy from the regional club, and say, "Hey! did you look at got-scuba.com?" he may respond, "didnt you see the thread on that, he is offer kudos to it and runs it at the same time, thats bogus!"

So, what im saying is most divers are a close group of friends who all enjoy our hobby/sport/ very expensive part-time job.

Drizzle--Did you actually order a gift from them for your friend? If you didn't, could you please edit your first post so you aren't lying?

I'm fine with shameless self promotion, but lying pushes it a bit far.

Also, as a diver, I don't care that they have a unique selection (which is implied with the "never seen it before" thing) as much as that they have useful products (i'm cool with unique as long as it's useful) that are well built, well priced, and come with great service. In a review of a store, I'd like to hear that the store helped you pick the right size wetsuit and/or exchanged a wrong fitting item without any problems, shipped the items fast, cheap, and that they arrived undamaged and well packed. I also want to hear that prices are competitive, descriptions are good, and that the website is well designed.

Just some thoughts on how to shamelessly self promote :)

And we SBers really don't like BS. Please be honest with us, that's the best way to get the usefulness out of us without earning our hatred.

Personal suggestion: get your client to offer air fills on their site, and maybe VIP's too. That'll boost their sales through the roof overnight!

Ok now I feel mean. :( I apologize.

Yes it's true I was trying to get you to go to the site, I was testing the water so to speak. I apologize if I have irked any of you but please understand that I have virtually no knowledge of scuba diving or what is involved in terms of gear or preparation or anythng. Though I have always felt that people take these message boards too seriously, I believe this group of people is very courteous and anxious to help new people. Honestly, I had no other way to get feedback on the site which is not mine but rather a clients from people who are actually into scuba so if you guys have any suggestions for me I'd love to hear them. The owner needs help and she is not a very creative person. Though I am creative, I have no idea what the mindset of someone searching online for scuba gear would be. If one of the suggestions is going to be to remove myself from this message board, consider it done by the end of the week. Thanks for your time, your names and pictures are all very cute. Sincerely, the Drizzle

Here is a tip for you, try honesty is the best policy. Want us to visit? Say so and tell us your reasons. Dont try and mislead us with false testimonials. How can we trust you?

it seems that your dishonest and untruthful marketing tactics do a greater diservice to your client's reputation as their image is marred by your own poor tactics. then again, perhaps you and the client are also merely one and the same. i would find it hard for me to shop there.

140 viton o-ring for $95!!!! I bet they are lubed with K-Y jelly.:11:

no, its petrolium jelley!!!!

no, its petrolium jelley!!!!

no, it's petroleum jelly:D

I have virtually no knowledge of scuba diving or what is involved in terms of gear or preparation or anythng. Though I have always felt that people take these message boards too seriously, I believe this group of people is very courteous and anxious to help new people. Honestly, I have no other way to get feedback on the site which is not mine but rather a clients from people who are actually into scuba so if you guys have any suggestions for me I'd love to hear them. The owner needs help and she is not a very creative person. Though I am creative, I have no idea what the mindset of someone searching online for scuba gear would be. Thanks for your time, your names and pictures are all very cute. Sincerely, the Drizzle

I'd say that the best way for you to have gotten assistance would have been to post exactly what is said in the quote. Just ask. No need to deceive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom