Kwajalein Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha Ha, I forgot about the Macy's on Kwaj. I really miss the diving there.

Great videos! I am looking forward to diving there in September. Can hardly wait. I noticed no wetsuit, warm enough?

In January I did get down to 79 degrees at ~100 ft, most dives were 82. Some use a thin wetsuit, probably more for protection. You leave the dock and are usually diving in ~30 minutes. More suit means more lead to transport.

Be sure to get your advanced certification before going. Schedule your checkout dive before going so you can hit the ground running.

You have a job?

I lived on Kwaj and worked on Meck for most of the 70's. It was a terrific experience. I have a 3 dog porthole from P North (Ikuta Maru). We were also some of the earlier divers to dive Ponape, Truck and Palau, Yap, Bikini and Eniewetok. Most places had no or were just establishing dive facilities

Islands - Truk Dive Boat.jpg

Plywood dive boat Truk 1971. This was the only boat the Blue Lagoon Dive Shop had at the time. They actually used an old car battery on a rope for an anchor

Where you there when John Broadwater was also out there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom