LADS - Laser Airborne Depth Sounding - Palm Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

standrod

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anyone know where LADS (Laser Airborne Depth Sounding) information for Palm Beach, Florida can be found? This gives very accurate sea floor topography so I'm told.

Thanks,
Marcus

I have a copy at home on CD ROM.

I'm pretty sure that Brownies and FillExpress had copies the last time I was there.

Peter

edit: The resolution is good enough to see the various wreck superstructures and positions. Nice for navigating between them.

Hi Peter,

Yeah, I saw that and called Fill Express. The only thing is that one only covers Broward County, Boca Raton and south. It looks pretty cool.

I did talk to the Department of Environmental Resources Management for Palm Beach County and they have recently had LADS readings done for Palm Beach County and that should be ready for downloading off their site in a few weeks.

pdoege:
I have a copy at home on CD ROM.

I'm pretty sure that Brownies and FillExpress had copies the last time I was there.

Peter

Yeah, I saw that and called Fill Express. The only thing is that one only covers Broward County, Boca Raton and south. It looks pretty cool.

How much was the cd and do you remember the maker? Worth checking for other availability

It is cool, on the south Broward section the ero jacks and hollwood pipeline really stand out. You can play with the shadows too, having the "sun" in the east or west.

what kind of laser is used for this, and what are the limitations? I've never heard of an airborne mapping technique before.

Oh come on!! Somebody's got to know how this stuff works! Where are all the tech junkies and gearheads that litter this board? Get out of the DIR forum and deliver the dirty secrets!

Don't make me run a google search...

Back
Top Bottom