lake erie dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fyi.....Two weeks ago the Tiller was 39 deg F at depth and it warmed up to over 50 deg between 30 and 40 feet. Earlier this week the warmer surface water had dropped to 45deg. Im thinking wet suit.....Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

SoScuba:
Fyi.....Two weeks ago the Tiller was 39 deg F at depth and it warmed up to over 50 deg between 30 and 40 feet. Earlier this week the warmer surface water had dropped to 45deg. Im thinking wet suit.....Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hey Sean,

We ran a Tiller charter on Saturday morning and the water was a toasty 54!!! The Lake must have been turning because the vis was a balmy 10ft (I've only seen it this bad once before, normally its 60+)

OTE is running charters this long weekend out of Lake Erie. He has a 9am fully booked for the Benson & Raleigh and will be running the same at 1pm. I believe there are spots available in the afternoon.

For more info please check out his site at:

http://www.oteee.com/charters.htm

I unfortunately will be diving in the warm waters of the St. Lawrence......

Yeah, it was almost too warm. Vis was a bit poopy as D/Mistress said.

I had one of my better Tiller dives this past Saturday with both of my Significant Others :)

Divemistress was scratching her head for second there when she witnessed a OOA drill at 100ft, followed by the air-share ascent, with a buddy-leg-cramp removal to boot.

Hehehehe, good thing I didn't toss in a mask R&R or you would have thought it was way too much for one dive :)

Not too bad on the drill, the Boss and I, but we did spend an extra minute a tad deep getting a few things sorted out. I'm really liking it that she's getting more and more "versed" with hand signals.

The current was flowing pretty good too!

Great dive!

Scuba_Steve:
Yeah, it was almost too warm. Vis was a bit poopy as D/Mistress said.

I had one of my better Tiller dives this past Saturday with both of my Significant Others :)

Divemistress was scratching her head for second there when she witnessed a OOA drill at 100ft, followed by the air-share ascent, with a buddy-leg-cramp removal to boot.

Hehehehe, good thing I didn't toss in a mask R&R or you would have thought it was way too much for one dive :)

Not too bad on the drill, the Boss and I, but we did spend an extra minute a tad deep getting a few things sorted out. I'm really liking it that she's getting more and more "versed" with hand signals.

The current was flowing pretty good too!

Great dive!

Hey Steve,

A great dive it was. I had a lot of fun.....especially when it started pouring on us.....hahaha

This Wednesday are you busy for a secret mission night dive? OTE has charters that want to dive the new wreck and since we haven't done it yet we need to check it out.

You and the BOSS are invited....bring the kids if you dare.....

Maybe I will come out, but I doubt the boss will want to come. I can't imagine there being too much time to fool around with the kids etc if we're not going to be starting until after 5:30 or so.

So we're talking 50-80ft-ish?

I'll be there, but call me to remind me just the same.

On that note, I think the "Princess" has been staring too long at the ALU40. She say's it's the right size for her.

She went out to the shop the other day and pulled out some angle iron and asked if I could weld her up a "plate".

hehehhehe

Won't be long now. I knew I'd own 4 full sets of gear soon enough :)

Scuba_Steve:
Maybe I will come out, but I doubt the boss will want to come. I can't imagine there being too much time to fool around with the kids etc if we're not going to be starting until after 5:30 or so.

So we're talking 50-80ft-ish?

I'll be there, but call me to remind me just the same.

Somewhere in that range. I'll call ya before we leave the house.....I'll be diving my newly rigged backplate & wing....it's only taken a year...hahah

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom