Lake Huron trip cancelled :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Holy cow thats warm!!!! I went just a few weeks ago to the Rotarian and Holly Barge, and the temps at 75 feet was 48 degrees. And that was only 2 weeks ago.
Thermoclines move around a bit. We had 68* at 120' on the Milwaukee car ferry a few years back, dove it again the next day and temps were in the 40's. Seen the same fluctuations on most the Chicago wrecks too at different times.

Pics from Sunday's dive on the Louisville, a wooden steamer that went down in 1857, just north of the IL/IN border, 7 miles off shore. Vis was churned up from the high winds and waves the day before.

Steeple engine
PICT0018.JPG

PICT0015.JPG
PICT0016.JPG
GOPR0614.JPG
GOPR0617.JPG
PICT0045.JPG

Thermoclines move around a bit. We had 68* at 120' on the Milwaukee car ferry a few years back, dove it again the next day and temps were in the 40's. Seen the same fluctuations on most the Chicago wrecks too at different times.

Thats nuts. This is my first year diving in the lakes and so far I have only made it out once. I want to make it at least 2 more times before the season ends.

It's good that you are getting to dive.

Last edited:
I'm diving a couple of wrecks on southern Lake Huron Sunday off a friend's boat. Mary Alice B and the Regina. Good weather - yay!

Marie,

Great pictures! It takes an honest diver to publish their progress. I'm working on a pony for myself, just got a vintage Mk2 for it. You're a great inspiration as a new diver. Keep up the good work.

Thank you. I'm having tons o' fun. Wrecks, lots and lots of wrecks. :D

Lake Huron tomorrow, wreck class on Lake Michigan in two weeks, and another charter on Lake Michigan with a friend in early September. Rescue class in late September. I was making plans for other training I'd like to do in the next several years a few days ago.

Mine's an AL30. Too big for some people but I like having a cushion. Doesn't get in the way in the water. I'm used to it and don't really feel it much. Do notice it when I'm getting out of the water! :D The funniest comment was from someone at the quarry once - they asked me why I didn't get a shorter one since I'm so short myself. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom