Lake Huron trip cancelled :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pics. Don't feel bad I was going out to dive the Yukon in San Diego. Got geared up and all gear on the dive boat. Two miles out in the Pacific and we got shutdown due to waves. Capt said we could dive but there was no guarantee that we would have a boat to come back to.
Better to have it called off before getting in the water than trying to get back on board a boat that is pitching and rolling all over the place.

Lucky for me, the boat trips that have been cancelled on me have always been FOC providing we rebooked:thumb:

Dive buddies didn't have a camera. One tried taking pics with my camera (asked for it underwater), but if you've not been instructed which button to use for the shutter and how long to hold it down, you don't get pics. That's what I suspect happened. I was a bit disappointed, but I'll dive the Mary Alice B again. 20 minutes total dive time is too short!

Was the 20min total bottom time the pre-determined "dive plan"? If not, why did you cut it short, you said you still had 9min of NDL.

Was the 20min total bottom time the pre-determined "dive plan"? If not, why did you cut it short, you said you still had 9min of NDL.

Turn pressure was 2000 (when I got to that point). That's what determined dive time. My first deep dives, buddies very experienced (rebreather, trimix very deep dives). I didn't argue it. I was diving single tank BM HP80 with my pony. Buddies were diving BM HP100 doubles, if that makes any difference.

Turn pressure was 2000 (when I got to that point). That's what determined dive time. My first deep dives, buddies very experienced (rebreather, trimix very deep dives). I didn't argue it. I was diving single tank BM HP80 with my pony. Buddies were diving BM HP100 doubles, if that makes any difference.

No that is perfectly fine and part of the "plan". I was simply curious. You need to band up those damn 80s and get it on girl! With some nitrox and doubles you can extend that bottom time and safety without doing AN/DP just yet.

No that is perfectly fine and part of the "plan". I was simply curious. You need to band up those damn 80s and get it on girl! With some nitrox and doubles you can extend that bottom time and safety without doing AN/DP just yet.

I don't think my knees could take the weight of BM doubles. I'm planning on SM and will try SM my HP80s next summer.

I don't think my knees could take the weight of BM doubles. I'm planning on SM and will try SM my HP80s next summer.

You will love it and having double the air, double the regs and more weight that is NOT attached to you, will make all the difference in the world..

You will love it and having double the air, double the regs and more weight that is NOT attached to you, will make all the difference in the world..

I'm really looking forward to that part! I already know I want the Hollis SMS75. I got to try it out and loved it. A number of people have recommended it highly. One of them SMs HP80s, as well. Already know the regs I want. Just a matter of saving up for it all over the winter. I'll be keeping my eyes out for a used SMS75. I bought 2 used HP80s to go with the 2 new ones I got first. So I could have one set dedicated to SM and the other for BM. Also can do 2 charters in a day without having to resort to AL80s for the second dive.

Better to have it called off before getting in the water than trying to get back on board a boat that is pitching and rolling all over the place.

Lucky for me, the boat trips that have been cancelled on me have always been FOC providing we rebooked:thumb:
In the harbor it was not bad but once we got in open water we could see horizon one minute and then blue waves the next. The captain was not worried about us getting back on he was worried that his boat would sink while on the mooring line. Couple weeks later and the mighty Pacific was like glass.

I don't think my knees could take the weight of BM doubles. I'm planning on SM and will try SM my HP80s next summer.[/QUOTE
Get the nitrox. I love the stuff. Better bottom time and you do feel better after the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom