Lake Murray -Artic Dive- Feb 28th 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Broken Finstrap

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just a heads up to everyone. The Diving Rebels are having their Artic Dive/ Wine and Cheese Tasting at Lake Murray the 28th. There will be some diving going on and a really big party. There is a BQ that they sell tickets to. And later in the evening, they do a wine tasting. In the past they have judged best wine and worst wine, best cheese and worst....I can hear the jokes now! They have done this for many many years and it is always a blast.

The Diving Rebels are having their Artic Dive/ Wine and Cheese Tasting at Lake Murray the 28th.

Who are the Diving Rebels?

Who are the Diving Rebels?

They are a dive club in Arlington.
http://www.divingrebels.org

I usually go to the annual dive at Lake Murray , OK.
Face it , it's cold so most of the folks don't make a dive but some of us do.
The food is good and the people are nice.

The Bonfire is legendary !!! :D

The Scubadillo's from Dallas also go to this dive each year, so there will be a lot of people there.

So is the Search and Rescue squad. :rofl3:

Be nice Craig! ! !

. . . . ..

I was a board member of the Rebels. It's all good! It's a lot of fun! Y'all should come.

I don't know how food will be distributed if we have 30 unexpected people show up. You will be required to have a meal ticket or purchase one; if you want food. Otherwise bring your own food. There is a grocery store in Marietta that I just discovered. It's not well marked/identified; but it is there.

The Retro Gypsy Girl RV is all set to go up there next weekend !!
'Should be a fun drive up there in the old machine. 'Nothing like the sound an old V8 with a 4-barrel and blown out exhaust.
:D

I wonder if Daisy will show up this year ? :)

and what about the Amish ???

I am guilty. I am guilty of advertising when there is a scuba event. At one time in my diving career, I was in charge of all the dive outings for a whole year when I was with the Scubadillos so any opportunity I have to promote a dive outing, I will. I had volunteered to do this because as an Instructor, I was used to coordinating OW weekends. I just applied it to the club. You can never have TOO MANY people show up. You always have the chance of no one showing up.....

I am always for a party and a good time especially when it involves diving! I like to see dive outings and gatherings succeed. I am very serious about diving but I do love a great party!

I can't wait to see the Retro Gypsy Girl RV!

It is still a week away.....If I am up to it I might can talk my wife to driving me up to say 'HI' to all my 'kind' loving friends.....just have to see how this up coming week goings. But regardless of how it turns out for me....I wish only to best for the whole group and the fun event!!! Happy and safe diving and fun chat-n-chew. xo Alan

Back
Top Bottom