Lake Murray -Artic Dive- Feb 28th 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We would go, and actually we were planning on going until we found out Kunk35 was going to be out of town.:depressed: Wish we could see you Alan!

Rhonda

just an update....

Wine and Cheese Contest and Arctic dive
Marietta’s Landing, Lake Murray, OK

It is with deep sadness I have to inform that the burn ban was reinstated. The info appeared on the website yesterday.

So the event will be somewhat cooler than expected and we will adapt.

Moving the dinner bell up a little and may even consider the wine and cheese contest as an appetizer function if there is a consensus, but for now are leaving it scheduled for after dinner.

Diving @ 1pm
Dinner @ 4:30
Wine and Cheese 6pm
Raffle during the wine and cheese judging

What a shame with the burn ban....bummer.

I didn't see a dive report posted. Anyone care to step up to the plate?

I didn't see a dive report posted. Anyone care to step up to the plate?

Methinks they are all still at Lake Murray- with no fire, they probably crowded into the Gypsy Girl to get warm... the poor old gal popped 4 tires, so they drank all the wine and ate all the cheese and lived happily ever after.

Lawd I'm ready to go diving!

I think they may have been overrun by all the crickets that are chirping. Listen!

I think Richerso went..... I bet he has some exciting stories of a frozen search and rescue.

I spoke with Techgirl44 the other day and she said she had a blast. Only a few out there dove but she didn't recognize any of them. If I had thought of it I would have prodded her to post about her adventures in the cold.

Richerso spill the beans about the weekend............ :)

I don't have anything exciting to report. You guys don't want to hear my report. I have been a disabled, handicapped person for the past week.

I did go to Murray on Saturday. Got there about 3pm. I estimate that there were approx. 50 people there. Air temp was approx. 40F but it felt MUCH colder. The wind was blowing at a constant 25mph with some gusts to 30-35mph. That wind was blowing accross the lake and cutting right through my warm-weather-wuss skin.

The group managed to commandeer (word? sp?) the daytime picnic hut. With that under control, the group managed to string together approx. 6 blue tarps and lots of twine/rope to create a rather substantial wind barrier/break. It was a very impressive piece of work! Still, the only thing a wind break does is create a wake zone on the downstream side so it was still windy and cold. Brrrr!

I ate dinner with the group and quickly retreated to my Arlington home to warm up. Dinner was fun. It was a fun group; but I didn't get to participate in any of the festivities, as they were in cold. I have been hobbling around on crutches for a week so I am an unhappy, frustrated camper right now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom