Lake Rawlings -- care to come?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand completely. Family is important and must come first. She might enjoy just relaxing around the lake and joining the gang for the SI.... get away from all those lovely boxes! :D

Are you going with the trip from Columbia Scuba?

O-ring:
We'd love to join you, but we will be diving off the Outer Banks area on the 30th. Have fun though!

CelticRavenVA:
Are you going with the trip from Columbia Scuba?
No, we set up most of our own trips.

www.atlanticunderwater.com (check the Schedule link)

O-ring:
No, we set up most of our own trips.

www.atlanticunderwater.com (check the Schedule link)
You get a lot more flexibility doing it yourself and it generally works out to be cheaper.

Are you diving with them CelticRavenVA?

The guys from Columbia are litterally 2 min from my office. They are kinda my new LDS by proxy. I have done a good bit of business with them and really like the staff there. They are helpful when I go in and go, "I have no clue what I need but here is what I want to accomplish." They take the time to work though all the options and let me choose which I want, not just sell me what they want to.

I plan on taking some weekend trips with them soon as I can, but there NC wreck trip I was thinking about got booked up. Also, I liked the option of diving rawlings that weekend a bit better since the wallet is still recovering from my trip to turks and cacios.

I have seen the rental gear at columbia, and I must say it is top notch, and maintained pretty well. It is very uncommon to go in there and not see them servicing it.

I am actually headed over there today to pay for the henderson gold core 7mm that I am getting for this trip to rawlings. I am also planning to continue my dive training with them, and start doing my nitrox, deep specialization, wreck specialization, and rescue diver with them as time allows and there courses fall into the time frame I need.

The trip that I am going to be sure not to miss is a trip run by a guy there named Dan, that is in FL to dive with the manatees!!! I saw the video from this last year and had I had the certification at the time would have gone. No way will I miss that this coming year! The trip looked great. That is going to be next april I belive.

CelticRavenVA:
The guys from Columbia are litterally 2 min from my office. They are kinda my new LDS by proxy.
I'm not trying to pick on CS but you do know that they are pretty expensive, don't you? They want $360 for that NC trip your talking about and that only covers the boat ride. Lynnhaven (for example) has a similar trip for $395 which includes house and boat rides for 3 days. I recently talked to them about a new wetsuit and they quoted me $75 more then what someone in NOVA wanted for the exact same suit.

I was in there today at lunch so I obviously use the shop. However the only reason I do is because they're the only ones in town. Which, incidentally, is the reason the can charge so much. Just food for thought.

Yeah I know they are a bit pricy.... really my only complaint about the shop. Hmmmm were you one of the people in there while some guy was trying on a henderson wetsuit? LOL That would have been me. I am buying a 7/5 full suit for this trip. Had we only known. Would love to meet up with ya sometime and we can BS over lunch if you are up in this area during the day.

Does anyone know if the "The Assumption Of Risk And Waiver And Release Agreement For Recreational Diving " form mentioned here Lake Rawlings needs to be filled prior to, or on arrival to the location?

Pretty sure you can fill it out when you get there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom