Lake Tahoe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Alaska / Florida / In the air between the two.
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am planning a dive in Lake Tahoe. If you are interested in getting your PADI Advanced Open Water certification. Or perhaps one of the following, which could be done as adventure dives if your curious, or as a PADI specialty toward your Master Scuba Diver certification.
Altitude Diver, Dry Suit Diver, Deep Diver, Underwater Navigator, Search and Recovery Diver,Peak Performance Buoyancy, Underwater Photographer.

The dates I'm considering are May 10-11, May 17-18, June 7-8, or June 14-15.

Right now this is in the planning stage, so if your interested tell me what dates you would want and I'll go with the most popular date.

Ron: as you know, Mark and I are interested in the Altitude diving portion. We are pretty open with the exception of Memorial Day. Thanks! - Sarah

Ok I'm taking May 10-11 off the table. Due to a specialty class I'll be conducting that weekend in Monterey. We will be doing a Deep diver Specialty and a Night diver specialty class that weekend. If your interested in attending you can contact me at Ron@Learn2dive.org or 916-281-5329.

As for the Lake Tahoe weekend I'm leaning towards June 7-8.

So far Sarah and Mark want to dive, anyone else?

I was just talking about diving Tahoe yesterday, I might be interested.

Im interested in Altitude, Search and Recovery, and Peak Performance Buoyancy, but June 7/8 im doing my AOW checkout dives in Monterey.

I am curious Prodiver_ca....I glanced at your web site photos of the Lake Tahoe dive....is it that clear typically during the year or is the lake like many in that it has it good and bad months? Also just what are the best times and what kind of water conditions would a diver typically find at the peak months for good vis.? Thanks

im naui certified for recreation but i havent done my advanced open water. can i be padi certified for advanced? id also like altitude, the best dates would be either of the june dates.

Hi there all. I know that Prodiver is currently out of the country but should be back within a week or so, if I am remembering he and his wife's travel schedule. I am sure that he will be in touch when he is back!!

I am curious Prodiver_ca....I glanced at your web site photos of the Lake Tahoe dive....is it that clear typically during the year or is the lake like many in that it has it good and bad months? Also just what are the best times and what kind of water conditions would a diver typically find at the peak months for good vis.? Thanks
The lake is always that clear. Reminds me of the Caribbean with out the nice warm Caribbean temps.:D

im naui certified for recreation but i havent done my advanced open water. can i be padi certified for advanced? id also like altitude, the best dates would be either of the june dates.
Yes you can be PADI certified for advanced. The requirement for Altitude specialty is two altitude dives, one of which would be the altitude adventure dive credited toward AOW. the second could be done on sunday. you could easily achieve AOW and altitude specialty certification on one weekend. PM me if your interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom