Lanier WBP 9/3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m7scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Is anyone planning on being out at Lake Lanier on Saturday? I would like to dive, but am in need of a buddy. I've been to WBP once, but am up for other locations as well.

Thanks,
Brian

Well, my wife and I will be up at Loch-Low-Minn in Tennessee diving this weekend.
We're headed up Saturday morning and will be staying through Monday morning.
Come on up and join us.

the K

I did one dive off WBP last weekend just to test out some new gear, and I'm not in a hurry to go back -- at least, not without somebody who really knows the place. The viz was pretty poor, though maybe not by local lake standards, and there was a lot of motorized traffic. I expect there will be more on Labor Day weekend.

After surfacing I heard that when I move away from the shallow swimming area, some jerk on a jetski (is that redundant?) buzzed my dive flag. Some friendly divers on their SI chewed them out and raised their awareness that the little red self-propelled targets were not put there by "Diver Below, Incorporated" as a fun-enhancing public service. I'm thinking about attaching the biohazard symbol to mine.

So I'm going to try Pelham Saturday (see the other thread). Lanier is the backup-backup-backup plan.

I was hoping to stay fairly local since I'll be in Atlanta Friday evening. Not sure if I'm up for a 3hr drive (+ 4hr drive back) for 2 dives...

Hey K,

How's the diving at Loch-Low-Minn? My husband and I are trying to find some where to go this weekend. The gulf is OUT :banghead:

I emailed them to find out what they have available as far as lodging. Is it simular to Vortex? Please tell me it's better than Diveland.

Elaine

Shushi:
I emailed them to find out what they have available as far as lodging. Is it simular to Vortex? Please tell me it's better than Diveland.
I think you are going to find that every quarry around here is pretty much the same underwater. The only difference is the facilities (or lack thereof on a few) above water.

Matt

The Kraken:
Well, my wife and I will be up at Loch-Low-Minn in Tennessee diving this weekend.
We're headed up Saturday morning and will be staying through Monday morning.
Come on up and join us.

the K
Thanks for the invite. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I may end up making a drive so I can at least get a few dives in this weekend. I will need to come back home late Saturday or early early Sunday morning though.

With all fairness to Lake Lanier the summer time is NOT the time to enjoy dives there. Everyone is out splashing and boat all over are churning up the water and the viz goes to hell.

To really enjoy Lanier you must come out during the cold winter months to enjoy 20 and up to 30' viz. The lake is quiet and you have to whole park to yourself. The only drawback is that its COLD and not alot of aquatic life but alot of fun.

I'm actually looking forward to the cooler weather and diving in Lanier cold again. I've just about come to realize that I really do prefer cold water diving over warm water diving when diving local.

Jeremy

Jer should know, he dives Lanier in the winter in a 3 mil.

He's much a man !!!

Just jerkin your chain, Buddy :D

the K

The Kraken:
Jer should know, he dives Lanier in the winter in a 3 mil.

He's much a man !!!

Just jerkin your chain, Buddy :D

the K

3 mil.??? Not this winter, I'm diving in shorts and a beanie!!!! :D:D:D

Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom