LARGE Air pressure gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi SF,

How does the Poseidon yellow face look like underwater?

...although I've been diving the Halcyon SPG's for years and have been very happy with them, I'm in the middle of upgrading several of my reg sets with MIFLEX hoses....plus I like to have my SPG's housed in rubber boots...unfortunately although the High Pressure MIFLEX hoses look awesome, being of much smaller diameter than a conventional High Pressure hose, my existing SPG boots would no longer fit snugly around a MIFLEX hose....and for the time being nobody that I'm aware of is manufacturing a new generation rubber SPG boot for HP MIFLEX hoses.....so I'm now converting my primary front-line reg sets over to the small diameter (HP MIFLEX sized) Poseidon SPGs with KEVLAR HP hoses.....the neat thing about the Poseidon SPGs is that they also come with the OEM rubber boots completely integrated with the KEVLAR HP hoses....but to answer your question, I haven't yet dove the Poseidon SPGs so I don't know how the yellow face will look underwater......but I'm not worried as Poseidon has a long track record as a 'tech' scuba gear company any probably knows how to design an SPG.....:)

I'm in the middle of upgrading several of my reg sets with MIFLEX hoses....plus I like to have my SPG's housed in rubber boots...unfortunately although the High Pressure MIFLEX hoses look awesome, being of much smaller diameter than a conventional High Pressure hose, my existing SPG boots would no longer fit snugly around a MIFLEX hose....

I know the miflex hoses don't fit snugly in standard boots, but why do you think that's an issue? I use miflex hoses but not boots, however if you choose to use a boot according to your preferences I don't see why it needs to be snug on the hose? In fact there might be some advantages eg easier to rinse thereby avoiding potential corrosion at the connector

So, I'm interested to hear your thoughts

I know the miflex hoses don't fit snugly in standard boots, but why do you think that's an issue? I use miflex hoses but not boots, however if you choose to use a boot according to your preferences I don't see why it needs to be snug on the hose? In fact there might be some advantages eg easier to rinse thereby avoiding potential corrosion at the connector

So, I'm interested to hear your thoughts

...yeah, one of my LDSs said pretty much the same thing.......I don't want to have those big gaps for any sand/silt to get into....also, I think having the boot wobbling about just looks cheesy/sloppy....just prefer a very tidy/professional 'look' to my gear....some people like to 'sport' a nice car...I like to 'sport' cool looking scuba gear. :)

The full "slice of pie" in red makes an SPG hard to read even in the day time. I have a couple old Z90 SPGs that have a red warning zone from 1000 - 1300 psi. It isn't too bad as it does get your attention when you glance at the SPG and the needle is gone.

The full "slice of pie" in red makes an SPG hard to read even in the day time. I have a couple old Z90 SPGs that have a red warning zone from 1000 - 1300 psi. It isn't too bad as it does get your attention when you glance at the SPG and the needle is gone.

...I don't like the dive gear manufacturer dictating/deciding some arbitrary 'point' at which I should be concerned about gas remaining......I will remain the judge of that, thank you very much!

I'm struggling to see that as a good thing

Especially if you go on to do more advanced dives when 'low on gas' could be 70 or 100 bar or more

Bottom line is you should know when it's turn time without your gauge going into red, even if you only do 'rec' dives

Hi SF,

How does the Poseidon yellow face look like underwater?

It's pretty cool.. whether it's day or night. At night, the usual method of illuminating using underwater torch shows reading clearly..

I have been using mine for almost 8 years now. I am now looking for another one for replacement.

Everyone likes my Poseidon and it's unique.

Back
Top Bottom