Last minute tips for Pemba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbloomer

Contributor
Reaction score
I have my tickets, visas and the other parephernalia, and am off for the yellow fever jabs tomorrow. Any other last minute tips for the actual diving in Pemba? We're staying at Manta Reef Lodge.....

Hey Simon,

If I remember correctly, you'll be arriving just after I leave. You'll be there Jan. 15 or so?? I'll be there Jan. 4-11, then off on safari till the 18th. Not sure I'll be back in time to send you a review.
I did contact Manta for some basic info about the diving. Do you know if there's any shore diving??
You might want to post your question on lonelyplanet.com There's a guy there who has been to Manta Reef, can't remember his name right now. If you're not familiar with lonelyplanet he posted it on the diving and snorkeling branch.

I am soooooooo excited about this trip!

Have yourself a great trip!
Beck

Don't forget mosquito spray... still a malaria zone. The diving can be in strong current so bring a reef hook if you are a shooter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom