Lauderdale by the Sea Beach dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back in the day, 1983 or so, there use to be a Mom and Pop hotel about 200 yds south of the pier. We use to spend the every weekend during loster season there. If you swim out past the first reef, over the sandy area and on to the second reef, as I recall 40-50 feet depth there was a lot of bug cover. We would limit out every dive. Did a surface swim out a couple of times, that is one long push. Great memories, thanks Nemrod.

That second reef is in 15-20 feet. Lots of that first and second reef have been filling up with sand over the years.
I remember when I first dived there how many lobsters were about. my first night dive was there, and it was also my first time lobstering. I got 2 and missed a bunch. Now you're lucky to get 2 in a single dive...

Thanks & great pics...especially of the Google Earth image. That's a great idea to show the parking area, beach access, and dive area for people who are not familiar with the area.

Yup - an amazing dive! Can't wait to do it in the morning!

I love diving LBTS but watch out for the Parking ****'s........ don't be a minute late getting quarters in the meter.
Oh, and forget about staging your gear if you don't have a paid parking space near the staging area.
They absolutely will not let you drop your gear, then go and park elsewhere.
I had one patrol person practically scream at me for backing my vehicle into an empty area at the end of Datura so I could drop my tanks and gear.
I ended up having to park 3 blocks away and making the walk 4 times to my car to get everthing to the beach.
What a pain that was.

I love diving LBTS but watch out for the Parking ****'s........ don't be a minute late getting quarters in the meter.
Oh, and forget about staging your gear if you don't have a paid parking space near the staging area.
They absolutely will not let you drop your gear, then go and park elsewhere.
I had one patrol person practically scream at me for backing my vehicle into an empty area at the end of Datura so I could drop my tanks and gear.
I ended up having to park 3 blocks away and making the walk 4 times to my car to get everthing to the beach.
What a pain that was.

Yeah, we had an encounter with the Parking Nitzi today down the block at Hibiscus. :shakehead: And, she whipped out her trusty digital camera to take pics of the supposed infractions. :shocked2:

Last edited:
I parked right at the entrance, put my quarters in the machine, the parking cops drove by and waved, I was not the only divers parked there, had no problems. It has a big dive sign right by the parking if I recall. N

There is only one parking attendant that is so bad she ruins the reputation for the others. Never had a problem with parking except her.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom