LDS VS Internet Sale!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Why should I buy from LDS when the same thing is available on Scubatoys / Leisurepro for so much cheaper?

What is the difference between Warranty offered by the manufacturer and the one offered by Internet merchents?

Pros and Cons of both please ...

Why should I buy from LDS when the same thing is available on Scubatoys / Leisurepro for so much cheaper?

What is the difference between Warranty offered by the manufacturer and the one offered by Internet merchents?

Pros and Cons of both please ...

I think I will just sit back and watch this.

Phil Ellis

In many cases, manufacturers warranties are honored regardless of where you have the service done.

I could sell you my used regs and offer a lifetime warranty, but nobody else would honor it. You would have to send them back to me for service.

That's the difference.

Buy on the internet, die on the internet.

Where you gonna get air?

Where you gonna get training?

Who's gonna love you when your LDS is gone?

Internet gear is fake and there is no warranty.

Good warm up for tomorrow. Thanks

Eh, Internet. I get at least 2 air/nitrox fills a month, and sometimes as many as 8-10, so for about $30 a month on bottled air, I think they can manage.

Well I'll put it another way, it depends. I buy a lot from my LDS, but going the way of Tech my LDS doesn't do enough to be able to get a decent price break on some items. The owner understands this & is pretty cool about it.
I am taking TDI Adv. Nitrox/Deco procedures through him right now, but I needed some Brass & Glass SPGs for my 2 Deco bottles & 1 for my travel gas. He couldn't get the ones I wanted for the price I got them from Phil for. So I bought them from Phil. They were so nice I bought 1 for my back gas also.
There is room for both, just give your LDS the chance & if they can't do you right I hope they're man enough to stand tall.

Do-not-feed-the-troll.PNG

In many cases, manufacturers warranties are honored regardless of where you have the service done.

I could sell you my used regs and offer a lifetime warranty, but nobody else would honor it. You would have to send them back to me for service.

That's the difference.

So are you saying that the gear I will get from Leisurepro or Scubatoys etc is not new? I think they just buy in stock and resell keeping themselves as the end user. What difference does that make on my end? I dont care if the manufacturer treats THEM as the end user in their books. I get the same product and the same service right?

Back
Top Bottom