LDS VS Internet Sale!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it needs a personal fit or regular warranty service, then bite the bullet and go with your LDS. If you need a specific part or something to save a weekend, go with your LDS.

LDS's make money four ways, training, gear sales, service and travel. Gear sales are a high markup item. That's why you can get much better prices online.

I have bought a few things online. I got my HID light for $70 less than retail. I will buy my camera and knife online, too. However, things that come in sizes I bought at the LDS (wetsuit, BC, etc). I'll do the research and then go for the best deal. If the LDS doesn't want to compete, so be it. They'll still get my money for training, air, maintenance, etc.

Internet is cheaper because you're not paying for, or getting a lot of the services you get from the LDS, including advice and assistance selecting, fitting, and setting up what you buy. Every consumer should gauge the level of assistance they need and be prepared to pay for it.

I don't know why I get into these discussions....... I just cant help myself!:lotsalove:

I've bought two sets of regulators from Scubatoys after getting plenty of advise from Larry and when I got them they were all assembled and ready to dive!

My latest BP/W was also bought from Scubatoys after a few phone calls to Joe about how the components I was buying would fit together.

Thats just two examples so I'm not sure what advise and assistance your not getting from the internet. I'm not having a problem.

As far as fitting goes, Leisure Pro has a program called Presssure Free Fit. When buying an item such as a wetsuit if it does not fit they pay for the return shipping a send you another size untill you get one that fits. It may be quicker at your LDS but you won't get nowhere near the selection as online.

I just don't see why you should pay more. :no

I am still searching for the right connector (USB or firewire) to get the defog stuff for my mask.

I just saw that but I can't remember the site. It's right at the tip of my tongue.

You will die if you buy gear from the internet. They don't sprinkle it with magic warranty fairy dust! Its all illegal copies made in a slave factory in western China, organized by the same people who faked the moon landing, are hiding the alien spacecraft from area 54 and shot JFK.

Area 54?:confused::wink:

Shhh. very few people know that one exists.

Everyone thinks its '51 :)

That's where CAR 54 is.....car.....not area......

Oh, now I see. Maybe they were not alien blobs as I originally thought.

We all know the bread and butter of the LDS is the entry level diver. They serve a very important role in making new divers 'excited' about our sport. They can 'inform' people looking at getting into diving and ensuring they have proper fitting and safe initial equipment configurations. Experienced divers know what they need and want. They are shopping price and warranty. An internet dive provider with a good reputation is the place to go. I prefer to give my LDS a chance to price match and sometimes with the cost of shipping they can come pretty close.

Bottom line - No LDS - No air fills. In our area this is important because we don't have a lot of dive shops to begin with. SouthWestern Ontario - Support your LOCAL DIVE SHOP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom