LDS VS Internet Sale!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agree

I love how this went from a beating a dead horse troll LDS vs. Internet thread to a beating a dead horse Steel vs. Aluminum thread.

I love how this went from a beating a dead horse troll LDS vs. Internet thread to a beating a dead horse Steel vs. Aluminum thread.

So, you think the steel spare air is better than the aluminum spare air!!!!:lotsalove:

Well, back to the original point of the post. Just received my new BC yesterday. Seaquest Latitude. The only place that carried it was LP. It is the older version not the XLT. I wanted this one because I already have one. With one set of gear in Florida and another set here in Illinois, I keep them as similar as possible. It is IDENTICAL to the one I bought at an authorized Seaquest dealer, right down to the instructions and the tags.

What is the difference between the northern gear and the southern gear? Mostly the 7mm v. 3mm wetsuits.

What is the difference between the northern gear and the southern gear? Mostly the 7mm v. 3mm wetsuits.

And probably the price you paid for that BC.:14:

Dude your students are looking better every class

I take back everything I said about steel trimming better than AL. His trim looks pretty good to me.

cozumel-2007%20%289%29.jpg

Seriously, you need some help with your kit and your technique. Good luck getting that through the internet.

And probably the price you paid for that BC.:14:

Well, yeah, the LP price was less than what I paid at the LDS. But, they had what I wanted. There is some weight to this. I do not want to have significantly different BCs or regulators. Matter of fact, both sets of fins are the same, masks are very similar, booties are the same. I have one computer console and transfer it from one regulator to the other with an Aeris quick disconnect.

Actually, I believe I paid $185 for the Seaquest 3mm from an LDS, and $150 for the 7mm Neosport from ScubaToys.

For me it depends on the item in question. I just bought a BC, reg and set of gauges from a diveshop my friend knows that was out of state since I was able to get a decent discount and support a friend of a friend. They are authorized sellers so no warranty issues there and I even got an email from Aqualung that my equiptment was registered, they did it for me.

I went to my lds to get a compass for my console since I broke my wrist mount knowing it was cheaper at LP. Why? well when I went into the store The owner let me see it mounted in both positions, its the Suunto which mounts on top or back. He told me all the plus and minuses for both, wether it be the risk of breaking to back mount since there is a chance you will forget its on the bottom and it smacks against something and when laying it down it is laying against the floor.

A snorkle package I would buy online, Regs, and BC definately local. At least I know they are authorized to repair the gear I bought since I can see what companies they are authorized repair techs for. As far as I know Aqualung won't honor warranties on gear bought from LP so I wouldn't by any of their gear from there.

Back
Top Bottom