Leaking Sci-Tech Dry Glove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sffrenchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all:

I have a Sci-Tech Glove Lock QCP system on my drysuit and one of the glove started leaking. I have cleaned the cuff ring, including the o-ring extensively to no avail. I have also inspected the o-ring and it looks fine. If I used my partner's gloves, there is no leak so the leak does not come from the wrist ring or latex seal. I have also used various new gloves and it did not help. So the problem seems to come from the cuff ring. Any suggestions on how to isolate and fix the issue ?

Thanks for your help.

I recently had this issue with a pair of SI techs. Almost always leaking on my right glove. You could see the air come out between the two sets of rings. Eventually I swapped out just about every piece to finally fix the problem (i tried gloves, o-rings, changing out the snap rings, etc). In the end, it appears that the suit side ring was slightly out of round causing the issue. Since I purchased it from a local dive shop, they exchanged and installed the parts at no cost. I haven't had a problem since.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom