Leisurepro Good Deal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasea

New
Reaction score
Hi
I placed a order last week with Leisurepro over the phone, the salesman's name is YANKEY, he was very polite and he gave me on certain items better pricing then what it was on their website, I think you should try and give him a call, I am very happy with my stuff (.....honestly I have no problem that they don't have the manufacturer's warranty since they back it up with their own warranty and from all what I have heard from my friends they honor it very strongly)

Hi scubasea, welcome to SB and yes LP is a good place to get some of your diving accessories.
David

dlndavid:
Hi scubasea, welcome to SB and yes LP is a good place to get some of your diving accessories.
David
Where in Cabo are you going to dive?

You might complete your Dive Infor and Profile? Hope you enjoy our forums.

LP is a source, and I do check their site when I'm shopping, but I try to buy from my LDS so I can count on local service. I'll explain: "I can buy it for $XX on the net, plus shipping, no tax. I'd be willing to pay some more for local service, but not a lot more." My LDS appreciate that approach; I'd quit one that didn't.

Oh I have purchased from LP, fully intent on paying my LDS for help. I even bought a BC there, and learned in the water that one should tighten all the connections.

don :biggrinba

scubasea:
Hi
I placed a order last week with Leisurepro over the phone, the salesman's name is YANKEY, he was very polite and he gave me on certain items better pricing then what it was on their website, I think you should try and give him a call, I am very happy with my stuff (.....honestly I have no problem that they don't have the manufacturer's warranty since they back it up with their own warranty and from all what I have heard from my friends they honor it very strongly)

Your name wouldn't happen to be YANKEY would it? Forgive me if it's not but you're message screams of a weak attempt at free advertising.

Scubasea,

You'll get a lot of flak on this board about LeisurePro. I've had nothing but good experiences with them and have purchased a great deal of gear from them after becoming unhappy with several of the LDS in my area. For example, this past weekend I was in need of a new pair of fins, so I hopped in my car and drove an hour and a half to the LP shop so that I could try the fins on in person. I live in Jersey and there are about 15 dive shops in a 20 miles radius from me. But I knew that I could get much better service and a much better price if I went to LP. Well worth the drive for me. As for the lack of a manufactuer's warranty, I can buy two sets of fins for what the LDS would have cost me.

Just my $.02

J.

miesemer:
Your name wouldn't happen to be YANKEY would it? Forgive me if it's not but you're message screams of a weak attempt at free advertising.

No... thats not Yankey.

Yankey, does have a "handle" on the board and he chimes in from time to time.
It's not hard to figure out who he is.

he doesn't need to self promote, he is my salesman at LP as well, and they are the best, way..... way.... better than any LDS.

Let me tell you a tale of two computers... one bought from LP $400.00 below retail and another bought 7 years ago at full retail from an LDS.

back when I was young and naive I bought an uwatec air X from my dive shop for full bust out retail. It worked great for about 5 years then died. I took it back to the dive shop and they sent it back to uwatec / SP. about 8 weeks later I got back a brand new wrist unit of the latest model, the air Z, not bad but I was without a computer for 2 months.

Now I've been diving with the Z for the last two years and about a month ago the transmitter (uwatec never replaced the transmitter or changed the battery while they had it)died so I sent it back now I'm again without my old computer for 1 or 2 months while the LDS and uwatec / SP receive process and ship back the unit.

Now lets shift over to the newest computer I bought, this time I bought it from LP at about $400.00 less than my LDS was willing to charge me, not only that but LP sent it next day and the LDS had a backorder time of 4 weeks.

after about a dozen dives I have a problem with the computer detailed in the following thread:

problem with the Uwatec smart tec

I send it back to LP and with a turn around time of just a few days I get back a new unit....

Hmmmm.. let me think LDS=full bust out retail and months without my gear.

or.....

LP= 25+% below full retail and an almost instant warranty responce....

why does anyone go to an LDS anymore why is there still an LDS / LP controversy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom