LeisurePro Return Items - some advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tboxcar:
It's now December 22nd, I sent my Mosquito to LP on Nov. 17th, an email from Rick Ungar on Dec. 1st says they have not received it yet, (or picked it up I guess), further emails to him have gone unanswered! The sage continues!!!
You mentioned earlier that you'd sent the package insured. Great. USPS rules are that you can initiate an insurance claim 21 days after mailing. I think it's high time for you to do that.

If I were you, I'd send LP another e-mail, telling them that you're initiating a claim. Might knock something loose. I'ts worked for me before...

--Marek

DiveMe:
Oh my, Larry has a dangley!!!! :D

It was in my pool... and I have on the gear as the photo editor choose the colors they wanted... On my real gear... I hardly ever have an octo - I'll use integrated, unless I'm teaching.

It was really funny doing the shoot... They had me giant stride in time after time trying to get the shot of bubbles in the water... And kept saying... "Let's try that again... not enough movement and bubbles..."

Finally I said, "Oh... you want bubbles? Hold on!" I grabbed two tanks, tied weight belts around them, sank them in the bottom of my pool and cranked open the valves. That got some bubbles!

So the 'very latest' is LP has sent a 'brand new' Mosquito to me, and it should arrive this week. This is great news and if all comes out well, I will be quite satisfied with them and will continue to do business with them. My next concern is the originally problem I had with my Mosquito, (reset of dates and times, and loss of surface interval), will these problems reappear with my new Mosquito, and if so, it will make me reconsider the whole Suunto issue? But for now, my thanks to LP, assuming my New Mosquito is 'on its way'

Finally closure, my brand new Mosquito arrived a few days ago, in a Suunto box and all. Although it took a while, I was in no hurry, but if I had to do over, I would use UPS for the shipping.
Kudos to LP for their return/repair policy, I will continue to use them. Now I just hope this Mosquito does not 'act up' like the last one did after about 50 to 60 dives (and about 16 months)!!!

I've had a few instances where I was unhappy with things being labeled "In stock", then after ordering it, I get an email stating it's out of stock and backordered.(happened a few times)...Customer service was bad a few times....But in the end, the prices are very good and they've always delivered what they promised....So I will keep buying from them...:14:

I've also had a few returns to LP and ALWAYS shipped UPS. Less hassle when it comes to delivery confirmation. The USPS' tracking system is somewhat to be desired. They replaced an Oceanic Veo 250 for me in a fairly reasonable amount of time, although I haven't had the chance to check it out yet, but overall their prices are hard to beat on some stuff. LP and Larry are my top picks for OL purchases.....

I have done business with LP for years. I have only had a couple of returns and first got a RMA number from them and then shipped it UPS with no problems.

Divmstr223:
I've had a few instances where I was unhappy with things being labeled "In stock", then after ordering it, I get an email stating it's out of stock and backordered.(happened a few times)

This happened to us as well... ordered what appeared as "in stock". No communication from LP that it was backordered and not coming back in stock until we called. Kind of strange, but after a call was placed to their customer service the issue was clarified and we ordered a replacement which went out immediately.

So far, I am pleased with their services and support when needed.

And for any return for any company, I would recommend shipping via UPS or FedEx where you can get a tracking number. Also, if something can't be delivered they will eventually return it back to the sender.

Leisure Pro is a good operation. Just as an aside, I have been to their retail place in NYC - and it's really funny to go in there and see all the Hasidic Jewish guys working in a dive store (which by the way is why a lot of people can't figure out - "Why can't I get in touch with them on Fridays?"). I bet none of those guys has seen a bathing suit, much less a snorkel, in their entire lives...lol...nice people though (please don't mistake me for some religious bigot, which I am definitely not)...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom